COMPLETE[PLAY]Love and a Bottle by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:Here is this one again with the errors fixed up.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_lyric_3.mp3
thanks Jason, excellently edited and now PL ok

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I will be getting to this one throughout the weekend or at the most next week.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I've noticed that the role of Nimblewrist the Fencing-Master, who plays opposite my Rigadoon the Dancing-Master, is still unclaimed.

I just want to clarify here that, as Fencing-Master, there is no requirement to handle stolen goods.

Sure, I agree that Rigadoon is one intimidating individual. But c'mon, who among the Librivox talent will butch up and confront him? :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I can do the stage directions in all five acts (sections 13 through 17).
I notice that there are stage directions in the prologue and epilogue. Should I just read them with the SDs? Or should someone else read the prologue and epilogue with me just doing the SDs?
Tom Penn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Penumbra wrote:I can do the stage directions in all five acts (sections 13 through 17).
I notice that there are stage directions in the prologue and epilogue. Should I just read them with the SDs? Or should someone else read the prologue and epilogue with me just doing the SDs?
Wonderful - thanks for volunteering. As stated in the MW, please read the prologue and epilogue as parts of the Act 1 and Act 5 files. Throughout, please leave me plenty of room for cutting the other parts into your narration.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

I see you still need a Widow Bullfinch. I could play her if you like.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote:I see you still need a Widow Bullfinch. I could play her if you like.
Great. Thanks.

Todd
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Tom Penn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Penumbra wrote:section 14 (act 2 sd) ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_sd_2.mp3
thanks Tom. Interesting that you would start with the second act :hmm: I was expecting the first when I started listening :lol:

Nicely narrated and on the whole no lines missing, but there is a small "rule" for stage directions that you probably were not aware of: if the stage directions referring to a person are mentioned at the beginning of their speech, you need to include the name of the character. When the directions are in the middle of a speech, the name is left out, as we then know who it is referring to.

Could you please insert all the character names which I listed for your convenience here:

> at 1:06 (p. 30 middle): Roebuck, aside
> at 1:15 (p. 31 top): Lovewell, aside
> at 1:25 (p. 32 middle): Roebuck, aside
> at 1:39 (p. 33 top): Lovewell, aside to Brush"
> at 2:40 (p. 35 middle): "Club, aside
> at 3:24 (p. 39 bottom): Rigadoon, foppishly
> at 3:29 (p. 39 bottom): Nimblewrist, bluffishly
> at 4:11 (p. 41 bottom): Widow Bullfinch, aside

some may fall under the editor's cutter again in the final editing, but it's always good to have them recorded, in case they are needed

One final thing which needs to be inserted is:

> at about 5:41: missing "End of Act 2"

The rest is absolutely fine :thumbs:

thank you !

Sonia
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I wasn't trying to confuse you, Sonia, I just happened to have a smallish recording window -- enough time for act 2 but not for act 1 with its dedication and prologue. As always, thanks for your help! :thumbs:

Act 2 fixed and re-uploaded.

The dramatis personae falls between the dedication and the prologue. Should I read it as part of act 1 as well?
Tom Penn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Penumbra wrote:I wasn't trying to confuse you, Sonia, I just happened to have a smallish recording window -- enough time for act 2 but not for act 1 with its dedication and prologue.
it's ok, I like being surprised :) and it makes sense to record according to your time frame.

Act 2 now PL ok, thanks !
The dramatis personae falls between the dedication and the prologue. Should I read it as part of act 1 as well?
yes, please, the dram. pers. are usually included in the first act, usually at the beginning, though.... :hmm:

let's wait for Todd to confirm, that he really wants the prologue BEFORE the dram. pers.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
Penumbra wrote:I wasn't trying to confuse you, Sonia, I just happened to have a smallish recording window -- enough time for act 2 but not for act 1 with its dedication and prologue.
it's ok, I like being surprised :) and it makes sense to record according to your time frame.

Act 2 now PL ok, thanks !
yes, please, the dram. pers. are usually included in the first act, usually at the beginning, though.... :hmm:

let's wait for Todd to confirm, that he really wants the prologue BEFORE the dram. pers.

Sonia
This is really strange - I already answered it. But the response is not here....

Please read in the order of the book. I amy adjust it when I am editing the play.

Thanks, Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, thanks Jason, you are bringing Lyric towards a good finale. :clap: He’s a very talkative main character in the 4th act I see. :lol: All excellently played out, nothing missing, so: PL ok

thanks so much !

Sonia
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Act 3 sd ready for PL. 11:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_sd_3.mp3

Act 1 sd in post production.
Tom Penn