[COMPLETE] The House of Whispers by William Le Queux - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
It is basically a conversation between Gabrielle and Flockhart.
Certain areas are loud since they are not always happy with one another.
Fair warning to not have your volume up too high as I would like for you to not have your hearing impaired. Consider yourself forewarned.
April :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
Fair warning to not have your volume up too high as I would like for you to not have your hearing impaired. Consider yourself forewarned.
haha, April, with this warning beforehand I was expecting a huge verbal fight. And indeed Gabrielle this time stands her ground against Flockheart, but you managed to convey shouting without actually blowing my ears off. :mrgreen: Well done. :)

Also, I’m happy to announce, this was again a flawless chapter :thumbs: PL ok immediately.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
I am quite pleased with the pl and that you heeded my warning to not blow out your eardrums.
Have a wonderful day, Sonia.

Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote: Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
haha, April, with this warning beforehand I was expecting a huge verbal fight. And indeed Gabrielle this time stands her ground against Flockheart, but you managed to convey shouting without actually blowing my ears off. :mrgreen: Well done. :)

Also, I’m happy to announce, this was again a flawless chapter :thumbs: PL ok immediately.

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
great April, fabulous chapter again, and no errors to be pointed out. Immediately PL ok on the first go again. Your success rate is getting higher. :D

I am really curious what Flockhart’s secret with Gabrielle is, the thing he doesn’t want her to tell to the world :hmm:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you Sonia,
I realize my success rate is much better now. :clap:

I am curious as well as to what the secret is also. The book is quite entertaining to read, though I also realize that before much longer it will be finished. Therefore, we will have our questions answered.
April
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
great April, fabulous chapter again, and no errors to be pointed out. Immediately PL ok on the first go again. Your success rate is getting higher. :D

I am really curious what Flockhart’s secret with Gabrielle is, the thing he doesn’t want her to tell to the world :hmm:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
I have posted chapter 28 in the mw. I will not be online until Friday, October 13th so you can not be focused on the House of Whispers until than. :D
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: I have posted chapter 28 in the mw. I will not be online until Friday, October 13th so you can not be focused on the House of Whispers until than. :D
thank you April :) well, the title was not really appropriate this time, as the famous whispers did not appear.

Well read again, but I found two small things to correct:

> at 6:22: “The wolf guards the head of St. Edmund as it does in the seal of the Benedictine Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds” – the underlined part of the sentence is missing

> at 8:01: “"Ah, mon cher Sir Henry!" – hehe, I had to smirk here. Saying “chérie” here changes the meaning quite a bit, you would only say that for your beloved actually. ;) what he means here is only “my dear friend”, and that’s’ only “cher” (pronounced like the English “share”)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

"the title was not really appropriate this time, as the famous whispers did not appear."
Disappointing to me as well that they did not appear. :? I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
than you April, both spots beautifully patched :thumbs:

PL ok now

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
than you April, both spots beautifully patched :thumbs:

PL ok now

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
chapter 29 is now in the mw.
It felt like an easier reading than some past chapters.
In the end, editing, there were roughly 12 corrections. Some were sounds and some were my garbled sounding words.
Let me know what you think once you listen to it. Thank you.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

This chapter was super well read again, and I only found one garbled word, which I think would benefit from re-recording:

> at 11:56 - "The argument was apparently convincing" - there is a serious jump in the recording and the word is not comprehensible to me. I would suggest to re-read this sentence.

The rest is fine ! Well done

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

whew...only 1 mistake and I will get that error fixed.
I find myself wondering as well just what is up with 2 whisperings. Seems like mystery over mystery alright.
April
Kitty wrote:Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

This chapter was super well read again, and I only found one garbled word, which I think would benefit from re-recording:

> at 11:56 - "The argument was apparently convincing" - there is a serious jump in the recording and the word is not comprehensible to me. I would suggest to re-read this sentence.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I reread the sentence and I am about to post it in the mw. :D
adr6090 wrote:whew...only 1 mistake and I will get that error fixed.
I find myself wondering as well just what is up with 2 whisperings. Seems like mystery over mystery alright.
April
Kitty wrote:Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

Sonia
April