COMPLETE[PLAY]Physician In Spite of Himself by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Wonderful. I can't update the MW until I am home
I'll do it for you (somehow now I have this Bryan Adams's song in my head... ) :help:
And now we are full!
how cool is that :9: we're so close to the finishing line.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
aravagarwal

Post by aravagarwal »

Hello,

Here is the recording for the second act for Leandre:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_leandre_02.mp3 (1:43)

Edit: And here it is for the third act:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_leandre_03.mp3 (1:23)

Hopefully it works well - It has been a while since I last recorded for Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you again.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aravagarwal wrote:Here is the recording for the second act for Leandre:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_leandre_02.mp3 (1:43)
Edit: And here it is for the third act:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_leandre_03.mp3 (1:23)
Hopefully it works well - It has been a while since I last recorded for Librivox
thanks so much for giving us the push over the finishing line here :9: And your Leandre is absolutely well acted out. He sounds genuinely like a youthful pining lover, who nevertheless wants to do anything to turn his fate around. :thumbs:

Act 3 is already PL ok and that means this Act is ready to be assembled, Todd !!! 8-)

As for Act 2, there are a three small errors, that need corrections:

> right at the beginning, we need your voice credit, can you please add the following:

“Leandre, Lucinda's lover – read by aravagarwal” (or any other name you usually get credited by)

> at about 0:46: please insert missing sentence (p.282 middle): “Ah ! gently, Sir.”

> at 1:03: “that this disease, which” – rumbling noise can be cut out here. You were probably moving your microphone while recording

I also noticed that your sound in Act 2 is considerably more muffled than later on in Act 3. The Act 3 sound is easier to understand. Did you record under different conditions or in different rooms ? :hmm: If so, I would suggest using the room from Act 3 for your future recordings ;) no need to re-record it all though, as it's perfectly comprehensible as it is. It just struck me as strange.

thanks

Sonia
aravagarwal

Post by aravagarwal »

Okay. I fixed the errors ( Nice catch on the muffled audio - seems Audacity had switched into my laptop microphone for that recording, so I re-recorded the latter monologue entirely to fix the keyboard errors XD ) I have re-recorded the section, and re-uploaded it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_leandre_02.mp3 (1:45)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd

(Sonia - I stole the voice credit from Leandre Act 2 for the Act 1 cast list. So Acts 1 and 3 are ready for final PL.)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aravagarwal wrote:Okay. I fixed the errors ( Nice catch on the muffled audio - seems Audacity had switched into my laptop microphone for that recording, so I re-recorded the latter monologue entirely to fix the keyboard errors XD ) I have re-recorded the section, and re-uploaded it:
So did I understand this correctly, you did not re-record the entire thing again, but only the voice credit, the missing sentence, and the very last longer speech ? Because those parts indeed have a much clearer sound, while the rest remains more muffled.

You have to make sure that you plug in your microphone, BEFORE you run Audacity, otherwise it will not pick up the correct microphone. It’s an annoying quirk, it also happened to me already. :?

So this part is also PL ok. Nothing to change anymore.

only one note for Todd:

> at 0:47: the "Ah gently, Sir !" is put on the wrong place, it should come after "Do not make a noise Sir". But I'm sure you'll find the correct spot :)

Thanks

Sonia
aravagarwal

Post by aravagarwal »

Kitty wrote:
aravagarwal wrote:Okay. I fixed the errors ( Nice catch on the muffled audio - seems Audacity had switched into my laptop microphone for that recording, so I re-recorded the latter monologue entirely to fix the keyboard errors XD ) I have re-recorded the section, and re-uploaded it:
So did I understand this correctly, you did not re-record the entire thing again, but only the voice credit, the missing sentence, and the very last longer speech ? Because those parts indeed have a much clearer sound, while the rest remains more muffled.

You have to make sure that you plug in your microphone, BEFORE you run Audacity, otherwise it will not pick up the correct microphone. It’s an annoying quirk, it also happened to me already. :?

So this part is also PL ok. Nothing to change anymore.

only one note for Todd:

> at 0:47: the "Ah gently, Sir !" is put on the wrong place, it should come after "Do not make a noise Sir". But I'm sure you'll find the correct spot :)

Thanks

Sonia
Yes. I did record and re-record those particular sections. That is pretty annoying, but thanks for the tip!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Sonia - I stole the voice credit from Leandre Act 2 for the Act 1 cast list. So Acts 1 and 3 are ready for final PL.
Excellent Act 1 !!!! :clap: everyone blends so well together.

:lol: this initial fighting scene is simply hilarious. A really great start into the play. And since it was Jason and Devorah, the same two readers that were the innocent young lovers in Mademoiselle de Belle-Isle, I couldn’t help but constantly think that it was Gabrielle and her d’Aubigny and this is what their marriage would turn out after a couple of years. Surrealistic ! :mrgreen:

All the others' performances are top-notch as well, but it's this initial scene that's really the highlight for this act, in my opinion.

Todd, there are only two Dramatis personae, that need a bit of tweaking still:

> at 0:45: M. Robert, Sganarelle’s neighbour – Roger did not speak his attributes, so you need to cut in Sandra’s voice here

> at 1:08: Perrin, his son – here you cut in Sandra’s “peasant” instead of “his son”, arguably you can use both, as he is also a peasant, but it might be important to tell the audience that they are father and son

The rest PERFECT

on to Act 3....

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 3 is perfectly PL ok.

My compliments to your editing here Todd, in the dialogue of Géronte and Lucinde, where she constantly cuts off his words. It's good you made this into a very fast-paced action :thumbs: and again I notice Leanne was really the perfect reader to act this part here.

Great job, all of us !

I guess Act 2 will be finished before the weekend, so we can start thinking about a new Molière :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

My compliments to your editing here Todd, in the dialogue of Géronte and Lucinde, where she constantly cuts off his words. It's good you made this into a very fast-paced action
Thank you - that section was a lot of fun to play with. I could just picture him on stage getting more and more flustered as she remained completely in charge.

Fixed Act 1 uploaded for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I tried to make the Act 2 dialog between Geronte and Sganarelle much more measured in pace that the Geronte-Lucindw dialog of Act 3 so that the Act 3 dialog retains its novelty.

Act 2 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I tried to make the Act 2 dialog between Geronte and Sganarelle much more measured in pace that the Geronte-Lucindw dialog of Act 3 so that the Act 3 dialog retains its novelty.
Dramatis personae PL ok now and Act 2 is also flawlessly assembled.

Your pacing with Geronte and Sganarelle is quite good, doesn’t have to be faster and indeed, that way it will not take the glory away from Geronte/Lucinde later on.

So Act 2 also PL ok.

And this means, another Molière is FINISHED !!!! Well done all of us. :clap: See you all in the next one :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now. Many thanks to all of you for sharing your voices and especially to our DPL Kitty.

Thanks, Todd