[COMPLETE] Why do we need a public library? by Various -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

As I was editing parts 2 and 3 of the Paine piece I realized there are footnotes that I didn't notice previously, so I am going to record and insert those and finish the editing. I hope to get that finished today but I keep getting held up by other things so I'm just going to say "hope" instead of "will get it done" since I keep sliding on that! I'm also checking to see if part 1 has any footnotes I need to go back and insert.

Edit: ARGH. Actually I just realized I messed up and ended part 3 prematurely (at the end of the Declaration of Rights of Man) and didn't realize there was quite a bit more before the end of Part I of the whole piece. Since each section is in the neighborhood of 50-55 minutes, adding all of the rest of the essay to the third section will carry it well past the cutoff point of 80 minutes, so I will have to redistribute material from section 2 into section 1 and section 3 into section 2.

Shorter version: I will be fixing and reuploading Section 1 (Section 29) so don't bother prooflistening to it yet. And more work than I thought still to do on the rest of it. *headdesk*

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 12 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Kathrine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

ColleenMc wrote:As I was editing parts 2 and 3 of the Paine piece I realized there are footnotes that I didn't notice previously, so I am going to record and insert those and finish the editing. I hope to get that finished today but I keep getting held up by other things so I'm just going to say "hope" instead of "will get it done" since I keep sliding on that! I'm also checking to see if part 1 has any footnotes I need to go back and insert.

Edit: ARGH. Actually I just realized I messed up and ended part 3 prematurely (at the end of the Declaration of Rights of Man) and didn't realize there was quite a bit more before the end of Part I of the whole piece. Since each section is in the neighborhood of 50-55 minutes, adding all of the rest of the essay to the third section will carry it well past the cutoff point of 80 minutes, so I will have to redistribute material from section 2 into section 1 and section 3 into section 2.

Shorter version: I will be fixing and reuploading Section 1 (Section 29) so don't bother prooflistening to it yet. And more work than I thought still to do on the rest of it. *headdesk*

Colleen
It's OK , we can make another section if needed - as they are at the end. We'l just have 4 parts not 3 . I'll do it now so you can see what I mean so leave first and second and third part as are , and the bit you overlooked is part 4

Anne
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

I'm taking on the Locke, specifically CHAPTER I.—OF IDEAS IN GENERAL, so Anne, can we move this into Readers Found, please?

Thanks, and to Colleen too.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Thanks for moving this, Anne.

Michele, I think I understand what you meant by understanding Locke. The main problem I had with recording this was the lack of italics. I found myself stopping and rereading the sentences to determine where to emphasize words, because his 17th Century prose was so talky. He reads the way Hugh Grant talks, all that tiresome dithering. :D
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 22 is PL OK :thumbs:
Kathrine
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I really appreciate everyone's patience with me as I have wrestled with this piece. I have the corrected part 1 (Section 29) completed; it's 1:01:15 long now. I messed up my original recording and had to re-do but I think this one turned out better anyway. It does fail Checker because it's over an hour, but someone said further up that the limit is more like 80 minutes so I hope it's still okay. It looks like parts 2 and 3 will be under 1 hour, but part 4 will probably be a little more over an hour than this one is because it's the longest part. I am bound and determined to finish ALL of this piece this weekend.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/whypubliclibrary_29_various_128kb.mp3
Colleen McMahon

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Don't push too hard - we can wait. :D - checker is always a guide , it also flags readings under 5 minutes and some file names. I'm sure that these will be OK

Anne
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

MW updated; thanks, Colleen!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 14 is PL OK!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 29 is PL OK! You are doing a great job on this, Colleen! I can imagine it must be a challenge to read, but you do it beautifully
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 30 is also PL OK! :9:
Kathrine
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Here's section 31, just one more to go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/whypubliclibrary_31_various_128kb.mp3

58:05

Thanks for the kind words about my reading thus far Kathleen! This piece was quite a challenge for me!
Colleen McMahon

VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Thanks, Colleen! MW updated.