'Good-day' from an Aussie in India!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ZechariahRaman

Post by ZechariahRaman »

I'm so glad to join the community! I've been enjoying some of LibriVox's audio books for a while. I wanted to let others experience the same thing as I did.
I love reading. Many of my friends say that they like hearing me read out to them. I guess it's partly because I enjoy acting in dramas.
About me personally, well, I guess I'm not the kind of awesome some look for in really outgoing people, but I'm sure I'm not to bad either. I'm currently training as a Web Designer and Developer. My other hobbies include playing music, scientific research, pencil-shading, volunteer work, and plenty of other stuff.
I'm curious to know about others here, and also want some starter tips.
:thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi and welcome.
The best starting point is submitting a one minute test and the team there will guide you on getting your setup right. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test There is no need for an expensive mic... a decent USB mic can be bought for about $20 on Amazon. Of course, you can pay a lot more for a better one, but best to see if you enjoy recording before forking out :D

When you start, it is best to read a chapter or two of established projects, but once you are familiar with the site and the process, you can branch out to any Public Domain text that interests you.
Poetry is also a popular launch point (see the Short Works forum, dropdown menu at the bottom of the page).

Lynne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Scientific research as a hobby? Wow! :lol:

Welcome! Good to have you. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine