[Comp] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 6 (Part I) - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I thin the only thing left for me is section 10
The chorus........

I have tried to record this, but I think I'm just going to spoil the poem. My singing is just not up to this.
If you really want me to do it, is there some music that we are going to work with?

Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:I have tried to record this, but I think I'm just going to spoil the poem. My singing is just not up to this.
If you really want me to do it, is there some music that we are going to work with?
yes I don't know how you fairies want to play it :mrgreen: Leanne is the only one who handed in her file already and she didn't sing the song, simply narrated. Let's see what Tomas has to say about it :hmm:

As for all the other files :shock: huge job, Craig ! I'll update the MW and will PL your parts soon

thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:File corrected and note made about file names.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_071_craig_128kb.mp3 5:05
all your file names now have a kb0 at the end :hmm:

so sorry Craig, the Rubayat seems to be your Nemesis.... :(

> still at 3:48: Would but the Desert of the Fountain yield - you invert desert and fountain. It's bit of a convoluted sentence, but basically it means: "if only the desert would give us one glimpse of the fountain".

as for all the others: 97, 110, 111, 117, 127 and 129: all PL ok

some thoughts I had about your readings:

> old man in Excelsior totally like I expected him :thumbs:
> Jester's sermon awesomely narrated. Looking forward to Tomas' part here
> the king has the needed sternness and I love the emotion in your voice in the final sentence :D
> Courtier and Cobham...well done to give them two distinct voices !

thanks !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

(Craig still has "The Comet" left, too, so I'd say he's about 97% done :mrgreen: )

Well, if Craig is OK with it, we can swap roles in "The Fairies' Lullaby" so that I sing the chorus. It would be a shame not to sing a song that's listed as such when we've sung in other volumes. So maybe whoever records their verse first, the other person can record a similar tune, and the chorus can be sung slightly differently if need be.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Well, if Craig is OK with it, we can swap roles in "The Fairies' Lullaby" so that I sing the chorus. It would be a shame not to sing a song that's listed as such when we've sung in other volumes. So maybe whoever records their verse first, the other person can record a similar tune, and the chorus can be sung slightly differently if need be.
well the problem is: Leanne has done the first stanza and she has not sung it. That's why I still have her section marke PL notes. I wanted to know whether you want to sing it.

The reason I didn't want to claim part in the song is that I HAVE already invented a tune for it for our Shakespeare-by-3-readers project. So I would probably only have that tune in my head if I did it again LOL

But of course if you guys want to use the same tune...it's public domain after all :mrgreen:

Here it is, in Act 2, starting at about 23:40 - 25:12

https://archive.org/details/midsummer_nights_dream4_1604_librivox/a_midsummer_nights_dream_version_4_02_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

(back then I still had a bad microphone, so the quality is not that good)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:But of course if you guys want to use the same tune...it's public domain after all :mrgreen:
:shock: Can we?! I love the melody you invented, and it doesn't sound hard to sing at all. And it would sound more unified than if three people were to invent their own melodies on the spot.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: :shock: Can we?! I love the melody you invented, and it doesn't sound hard to sing at all. And it would sound more unified than if three people were to invent their own melodies on the spot.
:oops: I would be thrilled if I could hear it sung by other readers. Gives me the feeling I created a "hit" LOL

If all three of you are ok with it, don't hesitate. You can also take the basic tune and change a bit, I don't mind at all.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yay! :9: I hope we do it justice LOL.

(P.S. I marked Craig's last section, 132, with PL notes because the final outro is missing. I had to check myself in case it... err... slipped through the cracks, so to speak. If Craig can record and edit it in, that would be great!)
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you've been prolific Jason ! Thanks, gonna update MW and check your DR parts soon. Maybe some can get assembled then.

Sonia