LibriVox Gave Me More Opportunities

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Hey Librivox,

It's been quite a time since I left here. . . So it's bit strange to write in here again :lol:

Anyways, after I had stepped out of Librivox for a while, I actually joined in another community called Newgrounds. I started to participate as a voice actor, and I'm starting some big projects -- as well as voicing a main character of a great upcoming animation, and also voicing a core mascot of Newgrounds called "Nene" in an audio drama, celebrating the 15th anniversary of Newgrounds Audio Portal.

Actually, I never learned to voice act before, but the producers, animators and casting directors liked my voice acting.
I thought about the reason, and it came to me in my head instantly:

Librivox.

I guess reading audiobooks in Librivox really improved my voice acting skills as well. Although I never learned anything professionally, I naturally got to learn it by participating this audiobook project.

And all these projects (Librivox & Newgrounds) came to be a great unique portfolio of myself for the university.
So, I think Librivox gave me more opportunities.

I thank you, Librivox :)
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
kayray

Post by kayray »

That's really great, Jessie! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)