[COMPLETE] The House of Whispers by William Le Queux - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:Oh, by the way, chapter 21 is is the mw. :D
yay April, I'm happy to announce that you made a perfect run-through of this chapter. Flawlessly read :thumbs: and luckily the annoying background noise did not make an appearance this time, so I can mark chapter 21 immediately PL ok. I bet now I brought a big grin to your face. A good start in the weekend !

54 % done !!! We're over the middle :clap:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Wonderful news!! Thank you.
Have a great weekend. :)
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:Oh, by the way, chapter 21 is is the 6mw. :D
yay April, I'm happy to announce that you made a perfect run-through of this chapter. Flawlessly read :thumbs: and luckily the annoying background noise did not make an appearance this time, so I can mark chapter 21 immediately PL ok. I bet now I brought a big grin to your face. A good start in the weekend !

54 % done !!! We're over the middle :clap:

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

It is not a laptop, it is a desktop that is plugged in all the time. I do turn it off though I do not unplug it. Odd that the noise is only present sometimes.
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I did hear the noise and it did stop at 12:50. It is the computer fan. I heard it while recording chapter 21 & asked Rich if he heard something, a whine, in the background. He mentioned he thought that the sound he heard was the fan in the computer hard drive. :hmm:
I do wonder just why that noise has not been evident in prior chapters as nothing has changed. I ensure there is not traffic, much less heavy traffic, about when I record.
hmm, do you have a computer that is plugged in the electric socket all the time ? Because if you have a laptop that is running on batteries, the noise of the fan will be less audible if it's nnot plugged to the socket. I noticed that with my laptop. I only record on battery.

But if you have it plugged in all the time, I really don't know why one would hear it only now :hmm:

Well, I think we can accept the file now :) Chapter 20 PL ok

will PL your next chapter soon !

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
Yes, another chapter is awaiting your perusal in the mw. :wink:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:Yes, another chapter is awaiting your perusal in the mw. :wink:
ah an excellent chapter yet again. Unexpected scenery to the riviera, I see. Those two shady men talking together were really scoundrels :shock: You did well again with the voices in this dialogue, I always knew who was talking when :thumbs:

Oh and good news: no PL notes this time, it's PL ok :D

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:Yes, another chapter is awaiting your perusal in the mw. :wink:
ah an excellent chapter yet again. Unexpected scenery to the riviera, I see. Those two shady men talking together were really scoundrels :shock: You did well again with the voices in this dialogue, I always knew who was talking when :thumbs:

Oh and good news: no PL notes this time, it's PL ok :D

Sonia
Thank you Sonia,
I was concerned that the voices were no identical to their prior voices. Worked well though since you could tell who was speaking. :clap:
I did not heat that infernal noise and hope not to in future recordings as I now will use a barrier to prevent the microphone from picking up that sound, if I am correct and it is the fan from the computer. :hmm:
I am also now fixing the error spot on so I no longer need to list just where it is located. Loving this new way.
With time, comes knowledge. Bound to be even better as time goes on.... :thumbs:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: I was concerned that the voices were no identical to their prior voices.
yes true, I notice Flockhart is sometimes changing voices a bit, but it's ok, everybody sometimes speaks higher with excitement, or lower when they try to be cool LOL
I did not heat that infernal noise
nope me neither, this time it was good
I am also now fixing the error spot on so I no longer need to list just where it is located.

yes if I notice an error I read the sentence again right away, but sometimes I notice the error only with the second listening.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

23 is now ready for pl
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Great that the change in the voice of Flockhart is okay and I do agree with your statement of different tones, dependent on the situation.

This time there was a noise though I did SEE it so I did record that area again and put in the best looking of the two.

Hoping that chapter 23 is good to pl clear.

:D
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote: I was concerned that the voices were no identical to their prior voices.
yes true, I notice Flockhart is sometimes changing voices a bit, but it's ok, everybody sometimes speaks higher with excitement, or lower when they try to be cool LOL
I did not heat that infernal noise
nope me neither, this time it was good
I am also now fixing the error spot on so I no longer need to list just where it is located.

yes if I notice an error I read the sentence again right away, but sometimes I notice the error only with the second listening.

Sonia
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great new chapter again April !
adr6090 wrote:This time there was a noise though I did SEE it so I did record that area again and put in the best looking of the two.
I did not notice any disturbing noises this time

At one point, in the sentence: "declared Flockart, who had so often grasped the blind man's hand in friendship", I found it sweet that you were barely able to suppress a laugh here. What was so funny ? :mrgreen:

I only found one real textual error, which you still could correct before I mark it ok:

> at 1:24: “that those unacquainted with the truth” – you say “acquainted” instead of “unacquainted” which messes up the meaning here

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:oops: error fixed & posted.
I was suppressing a laugh because I continued to mispronounce "grasped".

Kitty wrote:great new chapter again April !
adr6090 wrote:This time there was a noise though I did SEE it so I did record that area again and put in the best looking of the two.
I did not notice any disturbing noises this time

At one point, in the sentence: "declared Flockart, who had so often grasped the blind man's hand in friendship", I found it sweet that you were barely able to suppress a laugh here. What was so funny ? :mrgreen:

I only found one real textual error, which you still could correct before I mark it ok:

> at 1:24: “that those unacquainted with the truth” – you say “acquainted” instead of “unacquainted” which messes up the meaning here

Sonia
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote::oops: error fixed & posted.
perfectly corrected and inserted and PL ok now :)
ok I see :lol: yes this happens to me sometimes as well

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Expect chapter 24 by later on today. :D
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote::oops: error fixed & posted.
perfectly corrected and inserted and PL ok now :)
ok I see :lol: yes this happens to me sometimes as well

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
Yes, you guessed it correctly...chapter 24 is in the mw.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: Yes, you guessed it correctly...chapter 24 is in the mw.
excellent again April, and PL ok

now this conversation was highly interesting and revealed two things:

1) the whispers have not been done by Flockhart and Lady Heyburn in secret meetings, as I first suspected. This is a surprise.
2) Flockhart and Heyburn have another, probably more sinister bond between them...what could it be ? Is Flockhart blackmailing her with a secret he knows ? Are they maybe half-siblings, Flockhart being a bastard son of a secret liaison of Heyburn's father ? :hmm: You see, my imagination is running wild :mrgreen:

Sonia