COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

In Audition they have a thing called Spectral Frequency Display where you can see not only the waveform of the sound but a visualization of the frequencies all at once as you're editing. When using that display, you can easily figure out and see just where your annoying mouth noises are and then use the Spot Healing Brush Tool to get rid of those sounds but not the rest of the sound at that spot. In Audacity I have to find most of my mouth clicks by listening because they can't be seen on the waveform and if they happen during the middle of a word I have to cut a tiny bit of the word in order to delete the click.
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:In Audition they have a thing called Spectral Frequency Display where you can see not only the waveform of the sound but a visualization of the frequencies all at once as you're editing. When using that display, you can easily figure out and see just where your annoying mouth noises are and then use the Spot Healing Brush Tool to get rid of those sounds but not the rest of the sound at that spot. In Audacity I have to find most of my mouth clicks by listening because they can't be seen on the waveform and if they happen during the middle of a word I have to cut a tiny bit of the word in order to delete the click.
Ah, I am not familiar with Audition except it's an Adobe product. But I read in a post somewhere that Audacity has a feature that will remove all your clicks in one stroke. I can't find that post now, and hoped you knew what it is.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, I'm not involved in this project, I'm just lurking on the boards. 8-)

Michele, here is the DeClicker for Audacity. It is truly magical. I run it on every recording now. The only downside is that it takes some time, but I feel that it's worth it.
msfry

Post by msfry »

mightyfelix wrote:Hi, I'm not involved in this project, I'm just lurking on the boards. 8-)

Michele, here is the DeClicker for Audacity. It is truly magical. I run it on every recording now. The only downside is that it takes some time, but I feel that it's worth it.
That's the one. But I don't see a place on your link to download it. :(
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote:
mightyfelix wrote:Hi, I'm not involved in this project, I'm just lurking on the boards. 8-)

At the bottom of the first post in that thread, there is a little box that says "Attachments". You should see it in there.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! I'm terribly behind on turning in my two remaining sections. Would it be possible to get an extension on them? Sorry for being so slow, I got a new job in June and it's eaten into my recording and editing time. I would love to finish these two chapters though, so if an extension is possible, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks!!

Jill :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:Hello! I'm terribly behind on turning in my two remaining sections. Would it be possible to get an extension on them? Sorry for being so slow, I got a new job in June and it's eaten into my recording and editing time. I would love to finish these two chapters though, so if an extension is possible, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks!!

I'm swamped these days too. Besides, this is a big project with a long ways to go, so certainly, take your time. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

mightyfelix wrote:
msfry wrote:

At the bottom of the first post in that thread, there is a little box that says "Attachments". You should see it in there.
Thanks, I found it. :D
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

msfry wrote:I'm swamped these days too. Besides, this is a big project with a long ways to go, so certainly, take your time. :D
Thanks very much! :)

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 45 has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_45_various_128kb.mp3 19:31

As DPL on this project, I could use someone to PL my sections. If you are new to PL'ing and want to learn, here's a good place to start!
ErinTheFarm

Post by ErinTheFarm »

Hi! Can I claim sections 14 and 39?

This will be my first project as a reader since getting my test recording approved - very exciting! Please let me know if I've missed anything in this part of the process. As for what name or pseudonym to give you for the LibriVox catalogue – how about E Farmer?

Thanks!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Erin, Welcome to this project. I'm the BC (Book Coordinator). I will put you in for 14 and 39 and think these sections are a great place for you to start. I listened to your test recording and the commentary and thought it all sounded good.

As to choosing a catalog name, this cannot be changed once chosen. I use msfry as my forum name, but my real name, Michele Fry, as my catalog name. I am glad of that so my friends and family can recognize me and find me on both Librivox and Internet Archive. Of course some people prefer to use a pseudonym. Let me know for sure and I will add you to the Magic Window (MW) as you desire.

Examine the First Post carefully for how to record your Intro, Outro, file name, upload instructions, etc., and let me know if you have questions. Our system will quickly become routine as you go along.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

I see there's some action on this project -- hurray! I just wanted to check in again and let you know that I'm still working away on my sections but I've been having some computer problems that make it hang up every time I work on editing my audio so it's taking a while. If it's still okay for me to keep working on them, I will keep doing that. If not, I understand if you need to give them to someone who can get them finished more quickly. Thanks!

msfry

Post by msfry »

Glad you checked in, Jill. This is a lengthy project that looks like it might take a long time to complete, so take your time. I tackle one now and then for variety, and so far, I've found my sections quite interesting . . . . but then I'm a dog person. :wink:

Computer issues are such a bummer. I had a similar problem editing and decided to remove then reinstall Audacity, also remove and re-install Checker, and one or both of those seemed to resolve the problem, knock on wood.
ErinTheFarm

Post by ErinTheFarm »

Thanks Michele! Sorry I didn't get right back to you - came down with the flu for a couple days so am a little behind on things.

I think I like E Farmer as a catalogue name - the introvert in me appreciates the extra little bit of anonymity, but I am sure I can easily direct any friends and family so as to find me in the future should that come up.

Hoping to get fully caught up and take a crack at recording a little later this week. Woo hoo!