Would You Rather... - The game of Icky fun! [FORUM GAME]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Second option for me, all the way!

Serious, non-LV one: Would you rather be in severe pain for a week but be filled with more joy than you had ever known, or be in perfect physical health but extremely depressed?
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

The first option! :D Depression itself is painful -- especially "extreme"! :shock:
MultiMrWeb

Post by MultiMrWeb »

Would You Rather get a paper cut every time you touched paper, or bite your tongue every time you ate something?
Sincerely, Me
-----------------------------------
The Would You Rather Topic (Forum Game)
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Bite my tongue each time I ate something--assuming it could be on the left side of my tongue, toward the way back, where I would notice it less.

Would you rather be compelled to celebrate your favorite holiday or anniversary EVERY DAY, complete with any meal-preparation, gift-buying, or other related stress...

Or never celebrate it again, for the rest of your life? You could keep the meaning in your heart if it was a deep celebration, but any festivities would go by the wayside.
Johndec

Post by Johndec »

I'd celebrate National Biscuit Day (May 29th) every day, definitely! (In fact I already do...) 8-)

On that note, would you rather give up caffiene for the rest of your life--

-- Or give up sugar? ;)
carteki

Post by carteki »

Johndec wrote:I'd celebrate National Biscuit Day (May 29th) every day, definitely! (In fact I already do...) 8-)

On that note, would you rather give up caffiene for the rest of your life--

-- Or give up sugar? ;)
Gave up sugar. Not so keen on giving up caffeine.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Give up caffeine! Easy! I don't drink coffee anyway, and tea only occasionally. Sugar, on the other hand...

Would you rather be always hot or always cold?
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

I agree on the caffeine/sugar concept. I'm not giving up my sugar!, but I don't really care one way or the other about caffeine. It's in a lot of the tea I drink, but I'd just as soon drink decaf tea and do whenever it's available.

I'd far rather be too hot--me and my heating blankets, even in the summer! Being too cold is miserable.

Two questions: Would you rather give up your favorite food or your favorite beverage, indefinitely?

And, would you rather be deeply treasured by a few but not useful (like your grandmother's china!), or useful in practical ways to many people but really liked and loved by no one? I'd rather be Grandma's china, personally...
floramiller

Post by floramiller »

kukailimoku wrote:Ooooo...jet pack! Get my full Buck Rogers going on.

By the way, the wing suit with no parachute has been done (yes, on purpose). He plowed into a huge pile of cardboard boxes and lived.

http://youtu.be/DEP8juRSBRo

My father would call this "a special kind of stupid".

Would you rather have to spend the night in a chicken coop or a pig sty?

Yes! a special kind of stupid. I agree
MultiMrWeb

Post by MultiMrWeb »

I would rather be useful but no one really liked or loved me than be loved and not useful.

would you rather have hiccups all the time, or always feel like you were going to sneeze but are never able t?

(400th post in this thread! Let's get to 500!)
Sincerely, Me
-----------------------------------
The Would You Rather Topic (Forum Game)
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Id rather have a constant urge to sneeze. Hiccups are painful!

Would you rather remember EVERYTHING that had ever happened to you, including any unpleasant books you read, and any less-than-joyous memories... Or forget everything, including every beautiful moment?
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I'd rather remember everything -- it's probably help me realize how blessed I am. :)
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Me, too! I really can remember most everything, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, despite the pain.

Suppose you were really quite average at something, such as singing, but you absolutely loved it. Suppose, too, that you were excellent at something else, such as painting, and everyone around you recognized you as talented, though you only mildly enjoyed that activity. Would you rather spend the rest of your life able to do only what you loved, despite the fact that you weren't good at it, or only what you liked but didn't have a passion for?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I would you rather spend the rest of my life able to do only what I loved.

Would you rather stand outside without a coat, only wearing a t-shirt and jeans at 50 degrees below zero, or would you rather be standing outside with jeans, a long sleeved shirt, a jacket and a coat on in 130 degrees above? But for only 10 minutes you would have to do this.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Even though I already run cold, I'd rather stand outside with no jacket in below-freezing temperatures. Imagine the hot-cocoa-and-fireplace coziness that would ensue after those ten minutes!

Would you rather be taught something you'd always wanted to learn by someone you really didn't like or agree with, or be taught something boring or disagreeable by someone you really liked and respected?