New, but not Exactly new...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SrKnight

Post by SrKnight »

Hey there everyone. I joined this site back in 2010 but before I managed to do much more than introduce myself I got waylaid by the trials and tribulations in the "real" world and was not able to return. Now 7 years and 2 heart attacks later I've come back to rejoin you all and try again. I have found that being slapped in the face (twice in one year) by your mortality tends to change your perspective on life. So long as I wake up each day on this side of the grass I no longer worry about the petty things or opinions that hold us down in this life. I've come back to here because I realize there's no better time to start chasing my dream than right now. Here's hoping I am welcome after all this time...
I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure if you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Of course you're still welcome. :)

Hi, from the other side of Toronto! :thumbs:

You probably didn't get the official "welcome" email with a lot of links to get you started. Or if you did, it was deleted long ago. ;) Here's a post that has the info in it: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36743
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome back! May you find here a most potent antidote to real life!

One thing new you will find here are the great videos linked at the top of this forum that will help you get ready to participate by preparing the 1 minute test so we can get your equipment set up properly for your contributions.

Thanks, Todd
SrKnight

Post by SrKnight »

Thanks for the warm (re)welcome :) I appreciate it and the help.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure if you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.