LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 11th, 2017, 9:44 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 7  [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 4:10 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 8586
dlolso21 wrote:
I just have to be careful not to confuse my day job with my night job. Here are the files.

aha I see you have it all figured out :lol: no wonder the outlaws have an easy game, if the soldiers are sleeping in the night :roll:

anyway....both roles are well characterized. I especially love the breathlessness you gave your soldier. It really sounds like he was running a long way to convey his message. :thumbs:

Outlaw both acts PL ok

for Soldier I found a missing line at the end of your file:

p. 90, there is an Omnes line: "What dismal shriek is that?" and since the soldier is also in that scene, I suppose he would speak this line as well (especially with your breathlessness this will sound cool LOL)

But I let you decide if you want to add it, as we probably have enough voices to make up a crowd in the end. Just tell me, and I'll mark it PL ok as well.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 4:37 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm
Posts: 3734
Sonia,

Soldier updated to add Omnes line, though not as out of breath now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_soldier_5.mp3


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 4:44 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 8586
dlolso21 wrote:
Soldier updated to add Omnes line, though not as out of breath now.

perfect ! it sounds quite astonished (even scared) enough :thumbs:

definitely PL ok now

thanks, David

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 5:04 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6313
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Kitty wrote:
dlolso21 wrote:
I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).
David O

hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:

Sonia

Thank you for backstopping Chuck and keeping this project going! (He hasn't logged into Librivox for the last 10 days. I have PM'd.)

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (Full) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Cabinet Minister Best Doctor (Full) Pinero - A Study Twin-Rivals


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 5:19 am 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
ToddHW wrote:
Kitty wrote:
dlolso21 wrote:
I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).
David O

hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:

Sonia

Thank you for backstopping Chuck and keeping this project going! (He hasn't logged into Librivox for the last 10 days. I have PM'd.)

Thanks, Todd


Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.

Thanks for the help, David! I appreciate it. :-)

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 5:30 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 8586
ChuckW wrote:
Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.

glad to hear you're ok though. Don't worry, Chuck, I'll be here to help out if needed :)

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 29th, 2017, 6:21 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.

glad to hear you're ok though. Don't worry, Chuck, I'll be here to help out if needed :)

Sonia


Luckily, this project seemed to be stalled out pretty bad.

Okay, maybe not "luckily." You know what I mean. :hmm:

Need to record the narration soon.

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: November 21st, 2017, 12:33 am 

Joined: November 6th, 2014, 11:36 pm
Posts: 430
Location: san diego california
Hi,
I would like to do Vassal Act 5

15 Vassal, Act V

if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.

_________________
My Readings


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: November 21st, 2017, 12:36 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 8586
unclejoe wrote:
I would like to do Vassal Act 5
15 Vassal, Act V
if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.

it is still available, and yes, I'll sign you up. Thanks, Joe ! :)

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: November 21st, 2017, 7:03 am 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
unclejoe wrote:
Hi,
I would like to do Vassal Act 5

15 Vassal, Act V

if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.


Thanks Joe!

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: November 29th, 2017, 5:56 pm 

Joined: November 6th, 2014, 11:36 pm
Posts: 430
Location: san diego california
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24

Vassal (in Act V) uploaded. Thanks!
aloha,
joe t.

_________________
My Readings


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: November 30th, 2017, 1:59 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 8586
unclejoe wrote:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24
Vassal (in Act V) uploaded. Thanks!

excellent acting, thanks so much Joe 8-) You really sound fierce and eager to perform your vassal-duties for your lord. This guy is a force to reckon with :mrgreen: Totally good characterization. I wish the vassal had more lines now.

PL ok straight away.

Only one question: at the end you repeated the last line. Did you forget to delete the less preferred version or will you leave the option to Chuck ?

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: December 7th, 2017, 9:55 am 

Joined: November 6th, 2014, 11:36 pm
Posts: 430
Location: san diego california
If it is alright, let Chuck choose at this point, ok? :>) I might have forgotten. Or missed it. Or liked both and didn't know which would be preferred. (At one time God and I both knew. Now, only God knows. - either Wordsworth or Tennyson said this, possibly/probably many others from Adam on.) Thankyou!!

Kitty wrote:
unclejoe wrote:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24
Vassal (in Act V) uploaded. Thanks!

excellent acting, thanks so much Joe 8-) You really sound fierce and eager to perform your vassal-duties for your lord. This guy is a force to reckon with :mrgreen: Totally good characterization. I wish the vassal had more lines now.

PL ok straight away.

Only one question: at the end you repeated the last line. Did you forget to delete the less preferred version or will you leave the option to Chuck ?

Sonia

_________________
My Readings


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: December 7th, 2017, 1:25 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
Thanks unclejoe!

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group