'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for musicalheart1 (Elizabeth Barr) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to thank Elizabeth Barr for her outstanding reading of Villette. Her voice of Lucy Snowe was beyond outstanding. I have no words to describe her. Thank you! Thank you! For giving us this wonderful reading of Villette. 5 stars, Here! Here!

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you very warmly Mr. Neufeld for so professionally undertaking the excellent reading / performance of The Republic. What an undertaking! I have heard other readings of yours as well and have come to very much appreciate your talent and style. Your abilities have sincerely enriched my life and work.

I do not watch television and I work a computer job. I find it very enjoyable to listen to your theater as I work. Thank you very much indeed and have a very pleasant day.

Yours,

Scott

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Tharp,

You did an absolutely wonderful job reading the two Jack Boyle books (Boston Blackie and Boston Blackie: Stories Around the Opium Lamp) that I just finished listening to. Although both these books are in the public domain, I could not find a downloadable copy anywhere on the internet, and I could not find a copy at the library. Your reading enabled me to enjoy these two books. Although you mispronounced Spokane (it is pronounced spo-can , not spo-cane, a very minor and common error), your reading was very professional and a joy to listen to. I do not know how you managed to do it so well. If I look for other books on Librivox, I will definitely seek out any versions read by you.

My first exposure to Boston Blackie was the Chester Morris movies (I think I have seen all of them). I have also listed to some the radio dramas. But, I wanted to hear the story of Boston Blackie before he was later reformed on the radio and in the movies.

Thank you very much for your enjoyable reading.

Very sincerely,

Jim
Black Diamond, Washington

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear David (if I may),

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for your recording of Julian’s “Revelations” (https://librivox.org/revelations-of-divine-love-by-julian-of-norwich/). I have listened to at least a portion of it most days for the last three or so years and it continues to help center, encourage, and instruct me even after many dozens of hearings.

It’s impossible for me to imagine a more fitting—thoughtful, nuanced, and touching—reading than you give the text. Thank you for the time you spent in preparation and in recording. To this listener your recording has been a great and precious gift indeed.

With best wishes,

Ric

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Moby Dick:

A flawless and engaging read. The change in intonation from character to character was perfect. Thank you for your hard work, I greatly enjoyed it.

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dearest Mary Ann, i am so so grateful for Your readings!!!
i've just listened to The Amazing Interlude; and i found You through The Thousand Mile Walk.
You're blessing people Mary Ann!!! :)))

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your reading of the 1963 novel Space Viking by H. Beam Piper (https://librivox.org/space-viking-by-h-beam-piper/). As always I enjoyed your pace and smooth delivery. I look forward to finding and listening to more of your contributions on LibriVox.

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Laurie Anne Walden for your excellent and delightful reading of F Scot Fitzgerald’s short stories! Listening to them has brought me great pleasure and after recommending them to a friend we now have a running competition to best mimic your enunciation of “Bernice Bobs Her Hair”.

Yours in gratitude,
Ben

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I finally want to thank you for reading and sharing Moby Dick with me! It's funny that I don't know you, yet through hours of reading and listening to your voice I feel kind of familiar to you.

The reason for me reading the book was a Moby Dick based performance that took place this August as part of an annual festival in Linz, Upper Austria.
Here you can see a teaser of that performance (in German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV4hnO-KGUg
What I did was reading the collins classics version of the book in parallel to listening to your reading, which helped me a great deal in improving my English pronunciation.

I'm referring to this version, read by Stewart Wills: https://librivox.org/moby-dick-by-herman-melville

Kind regards from Linz!

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Quinkish (Rachel Lintern) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/the-third-miss-symons-by-f-m-mayor/

The Third Miss Symons

I would like to thank, Rachel Lintern, for her excellent reading
of this book, which made it extremely enjoyable, to me.

Many thanks.

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caroline Sophie (Caroline Sophie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank the reader Caroline Sophie.
I just discover Librivox and had the pleasure to listen French poems by Baudelaire and others authors: Caroline made a very good performance and let me even more appreciate these beautiful rimes.
Best regards and congratulations to Librivox!

All of Caroline Sophie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your readings. Perfect readings! . Sincerely, Tony

and...
I just wanted to write and thank you so much for the great experience I always have when listening to the stories that you read on Librivox . I just finished listening to the stories of John Kendrick Bangs and it struck me again how wonderful the stories sound when read by you . It appears that you get as much enjoyment from the reading as I do from the hearing, and that we share a common love for the literature . It's hard for me to read sometimes, as I get bad headaches, so I love to listen to stories read aloud, and your dedication and the time that you have donated have meant so much to me . Thank you; you have been a real friend .
Sincerely,
Kathy
All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rachelellen (rachelellen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello!

I want to thank you for a tremendously wonderful reading of Silas Marner, Weaver of Raveloe! What a terrific rendering of the text! The voices, the pace, and the kindness in your voice made the story come alive to me as I listened to it. We homeschool, and this is one the required books in our high school curriculum. I had read much of the text myself so I would be able to discuss it with my son, but thought it would be a nice change to hear an audio recording of it. I was not disappointed! Thank you so much for volunteering your time to do this. I just hope that the other books that we are reading have an audio reading by you!

Many blessings to you and your fantastic talent!
Michele

All of rachelellen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dread (Bill Boerst) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Sending a thank you to Bill for reading Bacon's New Atlantis to me, and helping me fulfill that requirement for my university course!

Sincerely,
Brit

All of Bill's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jennette (Jennette Selig) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I'd love it if you could pass on a message to Jennette Selig about the reading below

https://librivox.org/an-old-fashioned-girl-by-lousia-may-alcott/

Dear Jennette,

I wanted to thank you for your reading of an Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott. I've listened to it so so many times. It is such a lovely story and your reading of it brings it alive. When I read the book, I hear your voice now too! Whenever I have a bad day it is my go to listen to cheer me up. I've got it permanently downloaded on my phone and I will never delete it!

kind regards,

Caroline (in Gloucestershire UK)

All of Jennette's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!