COMPLETE[PLAY]Mademoiselle De Belle Isle by Dumas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: that was a fast turn-around !!!! thanks so much. I will PL them immediately. Todd will be thrilled when he comes back and sees the play is finished

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

nothing to redo this time :thumbs: Perfectly acted out, no errors and not one line missing. You made my PL job easy this time. I love the sort of bumbling voice you put on :lol: He really sounds like an aristocratic fop for most of the times, but his despair in the end that he has to arrest the Marchioness sounds really genuine. The poor man ! I really felt for him. Luckily there is a happy ending in Act 5.

Thanks so much for jumping in when needed. Both Acts PL ok.

Now Todd can edit in the final few roles and this play is finished :9: And from what I've heard in all the single files, this ensemble will sound great once assembled.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all! I already assembled most of the acts a couple weeks ago and now will add in the latest submitals. Should finish and get this PL'd and posted next week.

EDIT: I have completed assembly of all the acts with the most recent reader files. I still need to go through and smooth them - adjust gaps between lines and the line volumes - before they will be ready for final PL.

(Since all your lines have been PL'd - thank you Kitty!! - I assemble them by listening just to the first and last couple of words in each line to make sure I am putting the lines in the right order. So I haven't yet heard the whole play yet! I get to do that as I groom the final files.)

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh my. You all sound wonderful together, playing off what each other is saying, and both blending together in the regal mood of the palace yet each distinct in voice and character. I had almost no work to do in my final edit pass except to listen. No one will believe these are separate recordings pasted together!

Act 1 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this is the first highlight of my day. I had a hard day at work and absolutely enjoyed settling down and listening to us all so spendidly assembled together by Todd. :9:
ToddHW wrote:Oh my. You all sound wonderful together, playing off what each other is saying, and both blending together in the regal mood of the palace yet each distinct in voice and character. I had almost no work to do in my final edit pass except to listen. No one will believe these are separate recordings pasted together!
I completely agree with everything you said ! And the act is flawlessly assembled. :thumbs: The more I listen to our plays, the more I think our troupe is getting better and better which each new play.

There is only one "stage direction" missing, but I think you may have left that out on purpose...

> at 1:36: "Madame de Valcour and Mariette": don't you usually include the names when they show up ? :hmm:

Only wanted to include this note, so you can decide. Other that that it's perfectly PL ok.

Looking forward to the rest !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:There is only one "stage direction" missing, but I think you may have left that out on purpose...

> at 1:36: "Madame de Valcour and Mariette": don't you usually include the names when they show up ? :hmm:

Only wanted to include this note, so you can decide. Other that that it's perfectly PL ok.

Looking forward to the rest !

Sonia
Yes, I did leave this out on purpose. The scene setting words just before this seemed enough - since those words said "she is seated", it seemed obvious who must have been there. (I say obvious - it was obvious to me following along in the script. Maybe not so much to someone just hearing it....)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Yes, I did leave this out on purpose. The scene setting words just before this seemed enough - since those words said "she is seated", it seemed obvious who must have been there. (I say obvious - it was obvious to me following along in the script. Maybe not so much to someone just hearing it....)
yes I thought so and you're right, there is no confusion about who is speaking.

PL ok then :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 2 ready for final PL.
Thanks, Todd
8-) awesome, even better than the first act. We are all mingling so well together, it really sounds as if we rehearsed it together before recording. :thumbs: No errors or missing lines. All perfect.

Another Act PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We are all mingling so well together, it really sounds as if we rehearsed it together before recording.
Yes, that is exactly my opinion - this is performance quality after multiple rehearsals are complete. (Little do the listeners know about how this was actually done!)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh dear. Mademoiselle is in a heap of trouble! Act 3 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Oh dear. Mademoiselle is in a heap of trouble! Act 3 ready for final PL.
oh I am being so spoiled this evening :9: first Oroonoko and now this Act. Wonderful performances. Devorah is simply sublime as Gabrielle in all her misfortune and both Jason and Tomas are excellently fitting partners in the dialogues. Top-notch :thumbs:

PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh no - the plot thickens! Act 4 uploaded for final PL!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Oh no - the plot thickens! Act 4 uploaded for final PL!
ah my daily dose of Dumas :9: I was already looking forward to this the entire day. Superbly acted out again, and the drama was really unfolding here. :shock:

I would only suggest one tiny improvement, you may want to consider:

> at 22:24: these three exclamations "Your uncle !" I think would profit from being put closer together, to enhance the astonishment

But the act is perfect as it is. :thumbs:

I guess unless your editing hands fail you at the last minute, this play can be finalized over the weekend. I have time enough this weekend to PL everything you throw at me :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'll see if I can move the uncle lines closer together. Also the wife lines a little later in that act.

I have been trying to space out the PL - Act 5 is actually ready for upload when I get home. Next I need to move on to completing assembly of Dandy Dick and get that to you!

Thanks, Todd