Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

wow devorah, im glad it went ok!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

sylviamb wrote:Carolin, here's the re-upload of Chapter 32 of The Little Baron. I hope it's workable this time. Thank you so much for your time and help.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/barontrump_32_lockwood_128kb.mp3

On another topic, if you don't mind, and I'm sorry to bother you, would you please update the MW at Peter Simple forum.

Sylvia
thank you sylvia. i will listen to the phrase when i get home tonight.

also, from your message about peter simple i was afraid i had made a mistake, but i see that the sections came in only a few hours ago. i assure you i usually update all my projects every day (several times). :) thank you!
Carolin
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Carolin, the request I made for updating the MW at Peter Simple made me seem like and insistent complainer, and I'm really not. My mistake on the time frame. I apologize for not being more patient.

Sylvia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

dont worry sylvia. thank you for reading for peter simple, i think we can make a great project out of it :)
Carolin
eldendwar

Post by eldendwar »

eldendwar

Post by eldendwar »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :)
Carolin
eldendwar

Post by eldendwar »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Sylvia, i checked the mit herzlichen grüßen and it sounds good :thumbs:
Carolin
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 0, Biographical Notice, is PL ok.

Some notes for chapeters 1 and 2:

In the title of chapter 1 (about 0:54), the abbreviation "MS" means manuscript.
At 12:42, the text is "pricked-up ears and glistening eyes". You said "pricked up earn and glistening eyes".

There was a teensy little mess-up that got missed in chapter 2. It's right around 3:42, after "first week of that month." You'll know it when you hear it. :wink: Gave me a good laugh, though! :lol:

Also, in chapter 2, you ran into the same trap that got Sylvia! However, while she only read it once, it happened multiple times in your chapter! I'm referring to the name of the town, Ilitch on the Ilitch. It appears in all caps in the chapter title, which you read perfectly, ILITCH ON THE ILITCH, but when it appears in the chapter text, you read it as "Hitch on the Hitch". :roll: This happens at 5:24, 5:40, 8:14, 8:45, 12:44, and 13:40. If I had known this little name would cause so much trouble, I'd have just let Sylvia leave it be!

Last, I noticed (while checking for any more Hitches), that you skipped over the italicized word (golubtchika) on page 13, and just read its given translation, darling. I think we usually ask that readers at least take a stab at it when those kinds of things come up, rather than just leaving it out. Carolin, what do you think? Does he need to read it or leave it as is? It is at about 11:59.

Incidentally, Marcel, I was really rather impressed with all of the place names you did have to tackle in Chapter 2. They were well done!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

28-31 PL ok.

At the ending of chapter 32, you'll need to add in "End of Chapter 32", as well as the author's name again:
At the end of the section, say:
  • "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Baron Trump's Marvellous Underground Journey, by Ingersoll Lockwood. "

^^^^^^Emphasis added
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Carolin

Thank you for checking on the German phrase. I can't believe I got it even close to right. :shock:

I appreciate you pointing out the closing on the final chapter. Stupidly, I didn't even think to look back at the instructions to see the right way to do the book end.

At the prompting of the DPL at the Peter Simple forum (after I submitted a load of chapters that were way too loud), I watched a couple Audacity tutorials on how to reduce the volume using replay gain, and I applied that new knowledge here because I saw that this also was too loud. Hope that's okay.

Sylvia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

mightyfelix wrote:Last, I noticed (while checking for any more Hitches), that you skipped over the italicized word (golubtchika) on page 13, and just read its given translation, darling. I think we usually ask that readers at least take a stab at it when those kinds of things come up, rather than just leaving it out. Carolin, what do you think? Does he need to read it or leave it as is? It is at about 11:59.
It would be great if that could be added. Just for completeness sake :) thank you so much :D
Carolin