Bringing Librivox to Alexa

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ranjitiyer

Post by ranjitiyer »

Hello Group,

I'm honored to be part of the Librivox community. I've enjoyed Librivox books for a while now and I'm currently building an Amazon Echo Skill that can play Librivox books. If you are interested in collaborating please feel free to let me know. I can forsee some challenges in getting this Skill published because Amazon might see it as a conflict of interest with Audible (which is natively supported on the Amazon Echo) but that is still a little ways away since the Skill is still under development.

This is the Github page for the project https://github.com/ranjitiyer/alexa-audiobooks. Although the last code update on Github shows a few months old, I've been actively working on it in the last couple weeks and will post an code update shortly. Feel free to use the github page to send me comments or expression of interest in the project.

I'm very motivated to bring Librivox to Amazon Echo and would appreciate advise/feedback/comments from the community!

Cheers,
Ranjit
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Welcome, Ranjit.
The more appropriate forum for this would be Suggestions, comments, news and discussion forum (see the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.
Lynne
ranjitiyer

Post by ranjitiyer »

Thanks for that suggestion Lynne.