Return after long hiatus

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lightbulbjess

Post by lightbulbjess »

Hi, I feel like I should re-introduce myself because before I even really got started, my partner and I unexpectedly had to move country soon after I'd signed on to take a chapter in a project. Apologies for dropping off the radar. :( Since the move I've become active in community radio in Canterbury, England. I produce & present a fortnightly hour-long show about books, and my favourite part of the show is the Read-Aloud Moment, when I get to read a favourite passage from a book discussed earlier on. The show keeps me pretty busy, but I think I'd like to dip my toe back into LibriVox and see what I can do. I feel like I've learned a lot through doing the show when it comes to sound quality and editing, so I don't feel quite as out of my depth as I did when I first signed up. Anyway, hello again!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome back! Great that you found your way back to us :D
Carolin
melpaulm

Post by melpaulm »

I love the idea of your show, and your website. I have been in radio on and off myself. Book reading used to be family and group activity in the old days, when radio and TV didn't overshadow our entertainment habits. If you ever need a guest reader, let me know!
/Melanie McCalmont