[? OK]several chapters cut short

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

I've been listening to great expectations by charles dickens read by Mark F. Smith and there are a lot of chapters that stop half way through. Unfortunately i've not noted them but there could be as many as 10. Other than that this is a very good reading :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Could you at least tell us if you downloaded them (from where?) individually / as .zip file or if you listened to them online (via some app maybe) ....

Every bit helps! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It is still going to mean some other volunteer has to listen to 50 odd chapters to check. I usually but not always find that these sort of reports are caused by download problems or server ones, and I notice Archive has a number of very positive reviews but anything is possible - would you be able to identify a particular chapter perhaps and help however is trying to check it out ?

Anne
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

listened to on itunes the last chapter was cut short. hope that helps :)
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I've verified that both the 64kb and 128kb versions of Chapter 59 (the final chapter) are complete on the Archive page. Maybe try downloading it again and see if it was a download glitch.
Laurie Anne