COMPLETE[PLAY]Love and a Bottle by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Lovewell uploaded for PL.
:shock: I thought these files were postponed due to hoarse-ness ? Well, you do sound back to your normal self again. Lovewell is wonderfully acted out. I so wished I could do the laughs like you do 8-) (I have to work on that. My laughs don't sound so great. :roll: )

My favourite scene is the dialogue with Lyric in Act 4 ! This will sound great in the end :9:

No errors found in all 4 acts. PL ok. Well done !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The hoarseness passed after 8 hours of care such as more sleep and glasses of iced tea with lemonade. So I decided it was Lovewell time. Glad that came out okay - and thank you so much for finding those missing pages! I copied your links in the MW to the complete act sections so I don't forget I will need them then too.

Thanks, Todd
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

All right, after a terrible month ish bout of allergies that kept me completely stuffed up, here are the last two Pindress parts... I felt rather... dirty... reading act 4, but I got over it. Such fun!

Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_pindress_4.mp3 (5:10)

Act 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_pindress_5.mp3 (0:57)

Let me know if any of my volume or lines need to be fixed. I'm having a heck of a time getting consistent set up as well as avoiding cars that seem to love to drive down my street ONLY when I'm recording.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Yes, some of these plays are pretty bawdy.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jpercival wrote:All right, after a terrible month ish bout of allergies that kept me completely stuffed up, here are the last two Pindress parts... I felt rather... dirty... reading act 4, but I got over it. Such fun!
glad you're feeling better Jessie ! And I can assure you, you are quite excellent at talking dirty :mrgreen: Pindress has just the right mixture of wit and bawdiness with a dash of malice, perfectly acted out. :thumbs:

couldn't find any errors or missing lines either, so both Acts are PL ok.

thanks for participating here, our dialogue together will sound great once assembled
Let me know if any of my volume or lines need to be fixed. I'm having a heck of a time getting consistent set up as well as avoiding cars that seem to love to drive down my street ONLY when I'm recording.
I also sometimes suspect a conspiracy against my recording :roll: but I think it's more that when we don't record we don't notice the cars so much, it's only once we see the spikes in Audacity that we realise how much background noise there is all around us.

Your sound is ok though. The volume is a tad over our limit (93 dB) but Todd will adjust volumes anyway while assembling. So nothing to change here now. I'll make a note in the MW.

Sonia
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

thanks for participating here, our dialogue together will sound great once assembled
I can't wait to hear the finished product! It was a lot of fun figuring out how to say certain things. The higher volume is likely from when I forgot I wasn't actually on stage and started performing and projecting my lines rather than saying them in a way that wouldn't blow out my mic.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Apologies I have been a little slow with this.

Acts 2 through 5 for Roebuck have been recorded and should be uploaded over the next few days.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by catharmaiden »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote:Second Mask:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_mask2_4.mp3 (1:19)
Sandra
haha, bravo, excellently tongue-in-cheek performance here. It's SOOO obvious what this woman wants from Roebuck :mrgreen: You're playing this role perfectly here.

Also no errors or missing lines, Second Mask totally PL ok

thanks Sandra ! :)

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote:Here are the remaining acts for Roebuck:
excellent, another major character finished. All of Roebuck is PL ok. Thanks so much Algy ! Although, hearing how this guy behaves, I cannot really understand what Leanthe sees in him :roll: he must have hidden qualities.

I absolutely loved the drunken singing in Act 3 (and the well-placed burp and hiccups of course :mrgreen: ) Looking forward to the assembled scene with Mockmode, which will surely be very hilarious.

Only one word of caution: sometimes you need to leave a bit more editing space for Todd to insert some stage directions in your longer speeches. I guess he'll manage here, so I did not write them down, but maybe for next time.

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

very lyrically acted out Jason :lol: He's got a bit of a mean streak though :evil:

Well done on the whole, but I found two textual errors, which I think would be better corrected for a more coherent meaning:

> at 3:06: (p. 61 top): "Is that because I take physic when I write" - you say psychic, which is a bit weird :mrgreen:

> at 5:33: (p. 62 bottom): "They must be knaves or fools, by their fulsome compliment." - you say "complaint" which in this case is not accurate

The rest: totally ok

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Kitty wrote: very lyrically acted out Jason :lol: He's got a bit of a mean streak though :evil:

Well done on the whole, but I found two textual errors, which I think would be better corrected for a more coherent meaning:

> at 3:06: (p. 61 top): "Is that because I take physic when I write" - you say psychic, which is a bit weird :mrgreen:

> at 5:33: (p. 62 bottom): "They must be knaves or fools, by their fulsome compliment." - you say "complaint" which in this case is not accurate

The rest: totally ok

Sonia

Here is this one again with the errors fixed up.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_lyric_3.mp3
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life