[ANSWERED] MAC Pro - How do I download Mp3s for more PL?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

I'm a DPL for a project - my first DPL assignment - and I've been able to click on the link to listen to the recordings, but I cannot download the Mp3s for more detailed listening and viewing of the recording. I heard from a DPL that I need to right click on the link in the MW. I have a MacBook Pro, and if I click on the right side of the pad, that should be a right click, but I get no option to save the Mp3 in any way. What do I do?
:help:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I will send you an alternate method via PM.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

On Macs, don't you do a command-click or something to pull up the context menu? That's what you need to do: pull up the alternate menu and select the option to download it.

(Not sure what David is telling you via PM.) ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

TriciaG wrote:On Macs, don't you do a command-click or something to pull up the context menu? That's what you need to do: pull up the alternate menu and select the option to download it.

(Not sure what David is telling you via PM.) ;)
Hi Tricia,
I've tried doing a command click on my Mac. It doesn't pull up any context menu. On my MacBook Pro, the pad has capabilities for both left and right clicks, so I've tried that too. I read David's PM, and I'm going to try that process today.
Thank you for your help!
:D
Linda

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I explained how to get to the upload folder listings. She was able to find the MaryAnn's folder and the files she wanted were there, but still ran into problems so it is not a problem specific to the Magic Window.

I am changing the title of this to show that the problem is likely MAC or MAC Pro related. Here is a more detailed description of her efforts she sent via PM in case a MAC user has some ideas.
Ealswythe wrote: I used the link you gave me, which took me to a different page from what I normally see with the uploads. I did find MaryAnnSpiegel, and clicked on her file. The files of my DPL project were in the list. I clicked on one of them. It just gave me the same listen file as usual. I tried right clicking. Same thing. I tried Command Click. Same thing. I tried Save File in my drop down menu. It only allows me to save it as a web archive. I tried Share. It told me to choose a file of my own from my computer. I don't know how to actually save the file from the uploads link as mp3 onto my computer. Do you have a Mac? what do you do?

Any other direction would be appreciated!
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Thank you so much for this link!! I found out what to do. I've been doing Command Click, but it has to be Control Click instead! I did that, and it downloaded the file immediately. I saved it to the Desktop, and successfully opened it up in Audacity!

Many, many thanks! :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:9: