[Comp] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 6 (Part I) - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The MW is now populated! Now I guess I've gotta go back and link up those Google Docs, huh? :P

Meanwhile, I think I have my wishlist of 20 poems. Only one overlap with Leanne with "Time the Supreme," so maybe she will let me have it, as she has 7 extras right now? ;)

Hallo, My Fancy by William Cleland
Ideality by Hartley Coleridge
The Fairies by William Allingham
Songs of Ariel by William Shakespeare
Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Time the Supreme by Edward Young
Three Days by James Roberts Gilmore
The Ballad of Dead Ladies by François Villon
The Death of the Old Year by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
What is the Grass? by Walt Whitman
Retribution by Friedrich von Logau
Where Lies the Land? by Arthur Hugh Clough
The Family Skeleton by George Meredith
Il Penseroso by John Milton
Pelters of Pyramids by Richard Henry Hengist Horne
“Keep Sweet and Keep Movin’” by Robert J. Burdette
A Tear by Samuel Rogers
Proem by Joaquin Miller
Growing Gray by Austin Dobson
The Will by John Donne

P.S. Alfred Noyes died in 1958, so I think Jason is the only person who can legally record "Sherwood." I kinda wanted that one, but it's OK. Also: this might be the first time we've had a potential PD issue with this poetry collection? I don't recall any other author in these volumes living as long as Noyes did...
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

WiltedScribe wrote:P.S. Alfred Noyes died in 1958, so I think Jason is the only person who can legally record "Sherwood." I kinda wanted that one, but it's OK. Also: this might be the first time we've had a potential PD issue with this poetry collection? I don't recall any other author in these volumes living as long as Noyes did...
You are welcome to visit me here in Panama! Direct flights from Toronto 3 days a week.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

WiltedScribe wrote:The MW is now populated! Now I guess I've gotta go back and link up those Google Docs, huh? :P

Meanwhile, I think I have my wishlist of 20 poems. Only one overlap with Leanne with "Time the Supreme," so maybe she will let me have it, as she has 7 extras right now? ;)
Of course! If there are any overlaps with anyone, they can take the poem - I don't have a burning desire to keep any of my claims and don't mind some being knocked off. I recall Sonia and I had overlaps as well, so she can have those poems too. How many poems are still outstanding? I claimed more than was required.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

OK, so I have entered all the Google Docs, so they are ready for perusal. They're Sonia's this time, so let's all thank her for the hard work she put into this. :clap: (Although there may be a coloring issue with "The Ballad of Judas Iscariot"---Sonia, maybe you can double check and see what I mean, as I think Judas and the Wedding Guest are mixed up)

The sign-up sheet is here. My reward for setting this up was assigning myself my 24 DRs. I think that means one more person gets 24, and the rest 23. So whoever comes to this next can decide, I guess.

A reminder that 9 DRs are compulsory (they are already assigned to everyone in the MW), and 3 DRs have "packaged" roles, meaning that some people will have to read more than one character due to logistics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kJnmZyFGa3_1qTGVg6ndPt1GQpHMUoFNvobFP0jwtIs/edit?usp=sharing

(Sonia, this Doc is mine because your link was listed as view only :oops: )

I'm off to bed now. Sonia will begin taking care of solo claims in the morning. I think the ladies are myself are all set... if Leanne gives up her conflicts to Sonia and me, I think she has to get rid of 3 more, right?
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

A lot has happened while I was sleeping :9:
WiltedScribe wrote:Although there may be a coloring issue with "The Ballad of Judas Iscariot"---Sonia, maybe you can double check and see what I mean, as I think Judas and the Wedding Guest are mixed up
oh I see what you mean. Actually I really thought that was the wedding guest going out into the hall and opening the door and telling those inside who is standing at the door. It is specifically said, "looked out from the lighted hall". So it must be someone who is inside looking out ? :hmm:

But I see your point, it could well be Judas saying this of himself. Still I thought mine would make sense too. Should I change it ?
(Sonia, this Doc is mine because your link was listed as view only :oops: )
I must have done sth wrong there, because I thought I had them all editable
Sonia will begin taking care of solo claims in the morning. I think the ladies are myself are all set... if Leanne gives up her conflicts to Sonia and me, I think she has to get rid of 3 more, right?
Yes I hope Leanne will give me her exact set. I also need to get rid of three still. I will check that immediately after breakfast. Hopefully by then Leanne also has her final set ready, so I can assign the rest to Craig and Jason.

Interesting that Panama has a more lenient copyright. Is it like the States ? I hope there were no others in the previous volumes :? I always thought these books were older.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Meanwhile, I think I have my wishlist of 20 poems. Only one overlap with Leanne with "Time the Supreme," so maybe she will let me have it, as she has 7 extras right now? ;)
ok I will start by assigning you your poems Tomas, as they seem to be set.

Unfortunately I cannot assign Leanne's yet, until she tells me her final reduced choice.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, pending Leanne's decision, I checked my wish-list of 23 poems again, and reduced them to 20. From my 3 overlappings with Leanne, I decided to keep one (The Crowded Street), and the other two (Walker on Snow and Life) she can have, if she still wishes.

Here is my final list and I'll update the MW accordingly:

The Djinns by Victor Hugo (1802–1885)
Tam O’ Shanter by Robert Burns (1759–1796)
The King’s Highway by Harriet Waters Preston (1836–1911)
Outward Bound by Thomas Bailey Aldrich (1836–1907)
The Haunted Palace by Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1849)
The Sunken City by Wilhelm Müller (1794–1827)
Far-Away by George Sigerson (1836–1925)
To-morrow by Samuel Johnson (1709–1784)
Ave atque Vale by Rosamund Marriott Watson (1860–1911)
This Life by William Drummond of Hawthornden (1585–1649)
Good Life, Long Life by Ben Jonson (1572–1637)
Address to the Mummy at Belzoni’s Exhibition by Horace Smith (1779–1849)
The Crowded Street by William Cullen Bryant (1794–1878)
Fame by Alexander Pope (1688–1744)
Opportunity by William Blake (1757–1827)
Undeveloped Lives by William Edward Hartpole Lecky (1838–1903)
Illusions by Robert Underwood Johnson (1853–1937)
Beauty by Edmund Spenser (1552?–1599)
Greatness by Alexander Pope (1688–1744)
Old Age and Death by Edmund Waller (1606–1687)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hours later...pooh this organization is a lot of work. Pending Leanne's final solo wishlist, I already assigned 17 solo poems to Craig and 17 to Jason. The 5 or 6 Leanne will relinquish from her list I will assign also to them.

That means: Tomas and I have our 20 fixed claims so far

For the DRs, I claimed 24 roles for myself, and Leanne agreed to do the remainder of the obvious female roles, so she has already 13 roles claimed. Since Tomas and I claimed 24 roles, Leanne, Craig and Jason can only have 23 roles, sorry guys :|

I already assigned some to Jason and Craig, which I thought would be quite fitting. :mrgreen:

There's a problem for Tomas: you have exceeded your due of maximum 24 roles, because you did not consider the packages. I counted EVERY role, so your package of Crew, Second Voice and Hermit counts as 3 roles. That means you have 26 roles and I'm afraid you have to relinquish at least 2 roles, sorry. :?

Once Leanne and Tomas tell me their final choices, I will assign the rest to Jason and Craig. Not much left to assign, as I already divided the bulk between them.

Almost ready to roll...I think this collection will be great with so many famous highlights. :9:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I've claimed 23 DRs. Will look at my claim list now.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:I've claimed 23 DRs. Will look at my claim list now.
hurray !!! thank you. So I can finally do the rest. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oops, sorry Leanne, but you have the same problem than Tomas. Since the Life-in-Death package contains 3 roles, you need to relinquish 2. For the moment it counts as if you have 25 roles :( Could you decide on releasing two roles please ?

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Alright, I relinquish my claims of:

2. Fancy by John Keats
10. The Bower of Bliss by Edmund Spenser
11. The Walker of the Snow
19. The Rose-Bush
20. London Bridge
21. The Wild Ride
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:Alright, I relinquish my claims of:

2. Fancy by John Keats
10. The Bower of Bliss by Edmund Spenser
11. The Walker of the Snow
19. The Rose-Bush
20. London Bridge
21. The Wild Ride
thank you, I assign you the remainder then :)

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Kitty wrote:oops, sorry Leanne, but you have the same problem than Tomas. Since the Life-in-Death package contains 3 roles, you need to relinquish 2. For the moment it counts as if you have 25 roles :( Could you decide on releasing two roles please ?

Sonia
Done!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:Done!
perfect thanks, and sorry for the confusion

Sonia