~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you.
I've updated the MW with the instructions to leave a gap as well as for the file names [making it in line with DR's rather than "normal" projects].
The piece sounds fine to me Elizabeth, but I have asked our audio expert - Phil Chenevert - for his input.
Would you like another chapter?
Kim
LizardD

Post by LizardD »

I'll take sections 10 and 12 next, please.
Elizabeth Davis
a.k.a. "Lizard the Wizard"

Musician, vocalist, writer, reader, amateur chef, nerd, and all-around fun person.
carteki

Post by carteki »

LizardD wrote:I'll take sections 10 and 12 next, please.
Assigned thank you.
Anon
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

Cool. So ''twas only myself & LizardD who heard it. Onward we go!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have entered music for chapter 22 parts 1 and 2 in the MW. Looks like our original conductor planned to use zip files with the individual musical selections inside, but I don't know how to create a zip. So I've just pasted them, in order of appearance, into one flac file. Since I'm the one who'll be editing it together afterwards, I think this is fine.

I guess when you listen, Don, maybe just check to make sure that no selections are missing and, if possible, that they're all in the correct order? I don't know if you read music at all, but you may be able to at least compare the sound with the musical score and if something looks way off (like there are only three notes on the page, but the selection in the recording is very long, for instance), let me know.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

LizardD wrote:are footnotes optional, and how should they be read if we put one in?
I could be wrong, but I think no one has yet addressed this question for you. The general consensus for most of the projects here is that footnotes which are purely bibliographic should be omitted, while notes that provide additional information that may be of interest or illuminate the text in some way should be included. For instance, I would not read either footnote on page 27. On page 37, however, I would. Does that help?

When you include a footnote, insert it at the first available pause, usually at the end of the sentence in which it's contained. Then say, "Footnote: [Read the footnote.] End of footnote." Then continue where you left off.
Last edited by mightyfelix on September 5th, 2017, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you for answering the question on footnotes - it slipped my mind when updating the first post, but I've linked to it now :)
RepublicOfVermont

mightyfelix wrote:I have entered music for chapter 22 parts 1 and 2 in the MW. Looks like our original conductor planned to use zip files with the individual musical selections inside, but I don't know how to create a zip. So I've just pasted them, in order of appearance, into one flac file. Since I'm the one who'll be editing it together afterwards, I think this is fine.

I guess when you listen, Don, maybe just check to make sure that no selections are missing and, if possible, that they're all in the correct order? I don't know if you read music at all, but you may be able to at least compare the sound with the musical score and if something looks way off (like there are only three notes on the page, but the selection in the recording is very long, for instance), let me know.

The Flac files you'll be uploading in full will be small enough. No further compression via zip required. That'd be a crime against audio files, anyway...

I've listened. And again, I've listened. And yet again... at which point it was for pleasure's sake. I did read music in my childhood as a cellist, and though I'm still able to a point, in the end I allowed my ears to discern any differences that shouldn't be. I look forward to more.

And I most certainly am looking forward to hearing everything from beginning to end after it's published.
RepublicOfVermont

Oh, and both sections are PL approved, if that wasn't obvious.
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

Here comes Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_03_schweitzer_128kb.mp3, Time:19:17

I could not remember about the tags ... they are blank, or was there anything that needs adding?

Monika
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

ID tags can be blank. They're all automatically added at cataloging. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
carteki

Post by carteki »

MonikaR wrote:Here comes Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_03_schweitzer_128kb.mp3, Time:19:17

I could not remember about the tags ... they are blank, or was there anything that needs adding?

Monika
Oops Monika - I've just seen your location. This book is not in the public domain for you as the author died in 1965 which means that it will only be public domain in Switzerland in 2036 (life + 70 which applies to all authors who died after 1942).
Thank you very much for your interest in the book, but I'm going to have to remove your claims including your current recording. Sorry, this has been a frustrating book from a copyright point of view.

Kim
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

carteki wrote:
MonikaR wrote:Here comes Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_03_schweitzer_128kb.mp3, Time:19:17

Monika
Oops Monika - I've just seen your location. This book is not in the public domain for you as the author died in 1965 which means that it will only be public domain in Switzerland in 2036 (life + 70 which applies to all authors who died after 1942).
Thank you very much for your interest in the book, but I'm going to have to remove your claims including your current recording. Sorry, this has been a frustrating book from a copyright point of view.

Kim
Kim,

:hmm: Although I live in Switzerland, I am recording for you guys. This won't be "published" in Switzerland, so why should it not be possible to record for me?
I am sure that you all looked into this very carefully, but it somehow does not make sense to me. I was so looking forward to this project as there are not many of this kind .... If there is a glimpse of hope to do this that would be smashing. Thanks.

Monika
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RepublicOfVermont wrote:Oh, and both sections are PL approved, if that wasn't obvious.
Thank you for clarifying this. In the future, remember that, as DPL, you should be able to go into the MW
yourself to mark each section PL ok or See PL notes, as the case may be. If you're not sure how to edit the MW or need help getting in, TriciaG should be able to help you.
RepublicOfVermont

mightyfelix wrote:
RepublicOfVermont wrote:Oh, and both sections are PL approved, if that wasn't obvious.
Thank you for clarifying this. In the future, remember that, as DPL, you should be able to go into the MW
yourself to mark each section PL ok or See PL notes, as the case may be. If you're not sure how to edit the MW or need help getting in, TriciaG should be able to help you.
I've been wondering why I lack the ability to do just that as it did not make sense & simply made extra work for others. It's got to be the fact that I'm doing all this from an iPhone & an iPad. I do have a Debian desktop from which I can mark everything myself; however, please count on some added time so doing. I'd approximate 6-12h, depending on how I'm feeling.

Again, thank-you.
-Don
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.