'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Marie Therese:

Thank you so much for the Catholic audio books that you have read. I have now read three! I usually make Rosaries for the missions while I am listening or exercising or doing my housework.

You have a lovely voice. Thank you for you for bringing Catholic books. This is one of your missions for the Church.

God bless!

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,
I’m from Mexico. Librivox is a source of joy to me. in this occasion I want to thank the reader Peter Tucker for the book
"The Fortune of the Rougons" from Emile Zola.

All of Peter's recordings!
Thank you so much to this listener for taking the trouble to post this.
Peter
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

thankyou dear helen for reading love at 2nd sight by ada leverson (1862-1933) for me.....

KRAM, SEEMA
All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rlowalrus (Madame Tusk) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to write and thank Madam Tusk for her very clever and entertaining reading of Persuasion. I particularly liked her different voices for the different character- very well-done.

I am training for a marathon at the moment and her reading got me through a long, difficult 32km run.

Thank you.
Ellie

All of Madame Tusk's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your reading of Fannie Kemble’s Journal of a Year on a Georgian Plantation. It is an incredible window on the world of slavery, and your reading of it brought the slaves’ voices to life. Ms. Kemble probably had an actress’ ear for dialect and did a fairly faithful transcription of what she heard, but your speaking of the words felt truer than she could have done herself. Your dedication in reading the whole book was really generous and admirable.

I looked up Fanny Kemble after “reading” the book through you. I imagine you have, too: it’s a pretty amazing story. Did you know her grandson was Owen Wister, author of The Virginian, one of my favorite books ever?

Yours in literary solidarity,

PG

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for msfry (Michele Fry) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I listened to the Dixon-trilogy, "TheClansman" a.o., and I loved it! Your voice and your southern accent added much to the experience of these books. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/the-clansman-an-historical-romance-of-the-ku-klux-klan-by-thomas-dixon-jr/

All of Michele's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Andrea fiore is an awesome talent! Her voice melodic and clear she has inspired me.
All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wish to thank Ms Ruth Golding for her reading. I am new to the Archive and have started listening to some of the children non-fictions. The one that I heard Ms Golding's reading was in

The Fairyland of Science
Arabella B. BUCKLEY (1840 - 1929)

Lecture 9: Bees in the Hive

I really enjoyed Ms Golding's reading. She read at the right speed and her voice is so expressive - it's just like listening to one of my best school teachers when i was small. Her voice is kind and she is skillful in conveying the information of the text making the listening most enjoyable.

I am looking forward to finding more of her reading in librivox. Ms Golding, I thank you for giving me so much joy in listening to you.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jc (Jc Guan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

JC Guan,

Merci beaucoup pour la lecture, qui devient "raconter", du Comte de Monte Cristo. L'accent italien dans le chapitre L'effraction est superbe.

Merci encore. Je suis au chapitre 90 et je crains d'avoir bientôt fini.

Robert

All of Jc's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Mark Nelson, for continuing to provide me with wonderful listening experiences. This time it's for the 1963 science fiction Anything You Can Do by Randall Garrett (https://librivox.org/anything-you-can-do-by-randall-garrett/). I hope I can find many more good old science fictions read by you. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for icequeen (Ann Boulais) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

No one adding so much to life should go without thanking again even if have already sent thanks to Ann. Thank you for St. Alphonsus Liguori work too. n

All of Ann's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for downey8kids (Brett W. Downey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I enjoy listening to Fighting the Flying Circus and many others while at work.

James

All of Brett's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Zaklog the Great (Shawn Craig Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Shawn Craig Smith:

Kudos for your reading of THE HUNTING OF THE SNARK (version 2).
I have listened to the other versions offered on Librivox, and sampled those offered by other reading services, including those readings shown on YouTube. I find yours by far the best of them all. In fact, after listening to your version repeatedly, I find it nearly impossible to listen more than a few seconds to the voices of all other readings. They cannot get off neutral!

You cleverly emphasize the impact of each word, inject the right intonation that extracts the drama of each sentence. You’ve given life to this exciting story. You avoid the trap of reading this very amusing poem by Lewis Carroll in a flat and perfunctory manner, and sagaciously know how to enhance the pulse of the action. And if all the other “voices” are also yours, bravissimo!

I wish you had read more Lewis Carroll, for instance Phantasmagoria, and other poems. Why not even tackle the big books of Alice?
If there are other readings of Lewis Carroll’s poetry and books beside yours that you find of an energy and dramatization similar to own reading, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I have searched the Web, but most of the time encounter only the kind of mechanical school recitation that is lifeless totally alien to your rendition…You see!

All of Shawn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Barnes,
Thank you for your beautiful reading of The Imitation of Christ. I have read this book several times, but am enjoying the translation you have chosen best of all. I am 87 and am so much in pain that I cannot sit in a chair to read very much. With your beautiful reading I can lie down and listen with comfort. This evening, at dinner, my wife and I both enjoyed your book.
When I have finished the book, I am sure I will listen to it again. It is a soul-nourishing book, and your voice makes it all the more useful.
Yours in Christ, Jim, Marion, Iowa

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would very much like to thank Peter Yearsley for his great recording of The natural history of Selbourne. I have so enjoyed this book and Mr Yearsleys voice has made it such a pleasure to listen to.
I have now started listening to Secret chambers and hiding places, and again I am enjoying this book very much made all the better by Mr Yearsleys super narration.
LibriVox organisers and all the volunteer narrators bring such a great deal of pleasure.
Thank you so much.
Kind regards
Jo
All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!