COMPLETE The Mysteries of Paris Volume 6 by Eugene Sue - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Mysteries of Paris Volume 6 by Eugène Sue (1804 - 1857).
Rodolphe, who is really the Grand Duke of Gerolstein (a fictional kingdom of Germany) but is disguised as a Parisian worker. He can speak in argot, is extremely strong and a good fighter. However he shows great compassion for the lower classes, good judgment, and has a brilliant mind. He is at ease in all layers of society and so is able to understand their problems, and how the different social classes are linked. ( wikipedia)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mysteries-of-paris-vol-6-by-eugene-sue/

1. Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33805
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Mysteries of Paris Volume 6. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Mysteries of Paris Volume 6, by Eugène Sue. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Mysteries of Paris Volume 6 by Eugène Sue. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Mysteries of Paris Volume 6, by Eugène Sue. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  4. Example filename mysteriesofparisvol6_##_sue_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Celine
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Checking in. I'll get these set up shortly. Jim will DPL these volumes as well.
MaryAnn
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here they are. I will start tomorrow morning. Jim
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi Jim!
Thank you for checking the files so quickly...AGAIN.:)
Just letting you know that I've uploaded a few more and should be finished checking the rest tomorrow.
I hate to say that I am a little disappointed in the ending but will say no more. You can judge for yourself soon. :):)
Have a great week!!
Celine
Celine
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

All done!!!!!

I noticed that for some idiotic reason that escapes me I often leave 5 seconds instead of .5 at the end of recordings. You've probably had to edit some out. So sorry! In any event I've double checked the ones you haven't PL'd yet and re-uploaded the ones needing corrections.

Thanks again for all your hard work Jim.:):)
Celine
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Celine,
MamaGeek wrote:I noticed that for some idiotic reason that escapes me I often leave 5 seconds instead of .5 at the end of recordings.
Huh? I'm confused. It's 1/2 to 1 second at the beginning of the recording and 5 seconds at the end.

MaryAnn
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

OMG I must be losing it. Somehow when I read the notes again today I decided it was supposed to be .5 at the end. So....I will redo and re-upload files 12-20 again tomorrow probably. :):)

I'll post a note to let you know when it's done Jim so please wait to check them.

Thanks for letting me know Mary Ann!!! I should stop overthinking things!!!!! :):):)
Celine
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Funny thing. I read your note, but did not understand. So when I completed 12 and noticed that the end lacked the 5 seconds, I entered the See Notes message. And then I saw the 12 above in your statement and understood. So I am awaiting your re-submissions. But I don't suppose it will hurt anything for me to proceed listening and to check the ends later. Jim
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

I'm so sorry for the confusion Jim. I was going back and forth on different projects and had this little monent of panic that I had missed something...and hence the resulting fiasco teehee.

No reason you can't listen to them and spot PL later. Thank you.
Celine
Celine
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Really no problem at all.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thanks Jim.

Well I think we're good FINALLY. :) Just uploaded all 12 files and have corrected time stamps for each.

Read on......:):). Am curious to see your reaction at the ending.

Celine
Celine
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

It is not a major flaw, given your long-sustained perfection, but I must mention any repeat, which appears to occur at about 23:24 in this section: "The princess Amelie was dressed in a plain white watered silk dress and wore and wore like the Archduchess. . . ."
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

LOL!! No need to sugarcoat calling me on any mistakes. I make a lot but try to fix them before I upload. I appreciate that you can find the ones I miss!!!

I'll take care of this tomorrow and re-upload.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication. :)

Celine
Celine
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you for the same. Jim