COMPLETE [SS] Household Tales, by the Brothers Grimm - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rogthey wrote:Did you know that harrumphing is as straining for the voice as talking for about 2 hours? I never knew until I read it and when I payed attention too it, I realized wow it does have big impact!
I did not know it, but I can well believe it. We as readers need to be extra careful with our vocal tool :?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

larryhayes7 wrote:Story 32 completed
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_032_grimm_128kb.mp3
Time: 7:30
well done Larry, you did the best out of this rather silly tale. How anybody could bother with Hans such a long time as Grethel, I really cannot fathom. :shock:

I noticed you got a bit of a knot in your tongue with the very many "dost thou" in the story ;) but I think we can let them pass. I will not torture you with them any more.

I found the ending rather strange, that Grethel would become Hans' bride after all her ordeal. So I checked the German original, and it is an error in translation. In the German version she left left Hans and was no more his bride. The expression in the original is a bit old and unusual that's why the translator probably made the mistake. But since we cannot change what the author wrote, we leave it in.

Anyway, this story is PL ok.

That means we only have one more story to do :9:

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

My story is recorded, I just need to edit it! We have a few PL notes also pending but this project is so close to done! :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:My story is recorded, I just need to edit it! We have a few PL notes also pending but this project is so close to done! :mrgreen:
yay ! I will write a PM to Garrett in case he does not check the thread. Worst case scenario I think I can repair his errors myself. Only the end disclaimer will be a bit tricky but I think I can do an adequate copy/paste job if I really have to.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here you are! File is already in the MW, 12:30 exactly!

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_161_grimm_128kb.mp3
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Kitty wrote:
larryhayes7 wrote:Story 32 completed
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_032_grimm_128kb.mp3
Time: 7:30
well done Larry, you did the best out of this rather silly tale. How anybody could bother with Hans such a long time as Grethel, I really cannot fathom. :shock:

I noticed you got a bit of a knot in your tongue with the very many "dost thou" in the story ;) but I think we can let them pass. I will not torture you with them any more.

I found the ending rather strange, that Grethel would become Hans' bride after all her ordeal. So I checked the German original, and it is an error in translation. In the German version she left left Hans and was no more his bride. The expression in the original is a bit old and unusual that's why the translator probably made the mistake. But since we cannot change what the author wrote, we leave it in.

Anyway, this story is PL ok.

That means we only have one more story to do :9:

Sonia
I just kinda went with that voice when I started reading it and got into this jive or rhythm for the entire read, reason it took me a while I thought I could not replicate that voice again LOL Only had 2 mistakes that I had to correct in the entire read.
I heard myself with an Irish brogue in some of it and wish I had done the entire read now in that voice. Oh well there is plenty more chances.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:Here you are! File is already in the MW, 12:30 exactly!
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_161_grimm_128kb.mp3
this is a classic, and such a beautiful story :9: I always wondered why it was never selected to by Disney animated movie of the year. The story has all the ingredients: two beautiful girls, an evil person (the dwarf), the bear who becomes a prince, loads of opportunity to include songs, all is there. Well, maybe one day...

This is PL ok Beth and wonderfully read. I especially like your voice for the bear. :thumbs: He sounds so content and amiable. The darker voice suits it well.

Garrett has not picked up my PM yet...should we wait for a few days longer before I attempt correcting or do you want to finish it today ?

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Let's give him a couple of days - I see the PL notes were only posted a week ago.

If we haven't heard back by the 29th, two weeks from the notes, we will go ahead and finish off the project.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:If we haven't heard back by the 29th, two weeks from the notes, we will go ahead and finish off the project.
all right, let's be patient :mrgreen: in any case, we finished this one much faster as I first expected, seeing the 200+ sections. But it seems we attracted a great following of willing and talented fairy-tale readers. :clap:

Sonia
Garremania

Post by Garremania »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Garremania wrote:Thanks for you patience!! I have made the changes and uploaded the files.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_171_grimm_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_195_grimm_128kb.mp3
-Garrett
thanks Garrett !! everything perfectly edited and both stories are PL ok now.

And that means, we're done, folks :9: Thank you all for giving me such wonderful hours of listening to the old fairy tales. I learnt of many that I never knew before. It was highly enjoyable.

I just checked a bit of statistics, and these 210 stories were read by no less than 40 different LV readers. A great collection. :)

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

WOW! I'm lucky that I came across this lovely project. Thank you for having me. :9: I look forward to working with you on a new project very soon. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Well done everyone! This project of over 200 sections was completed in less than 4 months! :clap:

That was so much faster than I expected, thanks especially to our tireless and encouraging DPL, Sonia! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The summary is done, so we are ready for the catalogue! Take it away, David!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Cataloging will commence tomorrow morning. Great job everyone. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/household-tales-by-jacob-wilhelm-grimm/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!