COMPLETE [poetry] The Mother's Dream by Hannah F Gould -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 46, nice reading, just two issues and it will be ready for OK.

1. Your time at the start is just a little short of the .5- 1 sec required and the silence at the end of the recording is only 3 sec. Luckily the fix is the same for both ends of the file. Just put the cursor at the beginning of the file and go to GENERATE at the top of the screen, and generate SILENCE. You can add .1 or .2 of silence. Then go to to the end of the file and do the same thing, only add 2 seconds.

I know it seems like a picky thing, but all of the files need to be uniform for the final catalog.

Check the name of your file when you export it. It shouldn't have e.g. in front of it. You'll need to upload the new file with the added seconds.

Thanks,
aniroo :)
aniroo :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PL OK, Sections 33, 47, 49

more great listens. :clap:

aniroo
acarlow

Post by acarlow »

Uploaded a new 40 due to aforementioned .5-1 second required at beginning of track:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/mothersdream_40_gould_128kb.mp3

5:08
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

aniroo wrote:1. Your time at the start is just a little short of the .5- 1 sec required and the silence at the end of the recording is only 3 sec. Luckily the fix is the same for both ends of the file. Just put the cursor at the beginning of the file and go to GENERATE at the top of the screen, and generate SILENCE. You can add .1 or .2 of silence. Then go to to the end of the file and do the same thing, only add 2 seconds.
Just to be clear, the silence at the beginning of a recording should be no more than a second or so. As a dpl, i generally only note beginning silences of 2 seconds or more. It isn't necessary that all recordings are between precisely 0.5 and 1 second :) thank you!
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I would like to claim sections 48, 65, and 66

aniroo
acarlow

Post by acarlow »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 40 is beautifully read. I can't OK it yet though. There is just one little tech detail that needs to be taken care of.

At the end of the file there are 10 seconds of silence, by my count, when I looked at it in Audacity. If you could just trim it by about 5 seconds, so that it is only 5 seconds of silence, I will be proud to give it a PL OK.

Looking forward to listening to the rest of your submissions.

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Sections 34,35,37,43,41 PL OK

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PL Notes
Section 45 has some distracting sounds during the intro,. and at :46 -:51 it sounded like there was background music playing. Maybe you could splice a new recording of just that section and delete the one with the background music?

Here is a short video on youtube that might help you if you don't know how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdJsoGQc9c&t=197s

aniroo
acarlow

Post by acarlow »

New 40 uploaded with trimmed ending:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/mothersdream_40_gould_128kb.mp3

5:02

It seems I've done some other that readings require 10 seconds if they are longer than 30 mins. and forgot to go back to 5 seconds for these shorter reads. So sorry.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

acarlow wrote:It seems I've done some other that readings require 10 seconds if they are longer than 30 mins. and forgot to go back to 5 seconds for these shorter reads. So sorry.
Thank you :) weve decided to ditch the rule that long recordings need 10 seconds of silence and make it uniformly 5 seconds instead. It is still included in the first posts of some projects but you can just ignore it :) thank you!
Carolin