[Complete] Stories by Foreign Authors - Spanish - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Stories by Foreign Authors - Spanish by various ( - 0).
All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/stories-by-foreign-authors-spanish-by-various/

A collection of 5 short stories, written by Spanish authors and translated into English. ( Lynne Thompson)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/9987
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( various) : n/a
    7. Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    8. Number of sections (files) this project will have: 5
    9. Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    10. Original publication date (if known): 1898
    11. If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Short Stories/Anthologies

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Stories by Foreign Authors - Spanish authors. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Stories by Foreign Authors - Spanish authors. [Chapter]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Stories by Foreign Authors - Spanish authors. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    storiesbyforeignauthorsspanish_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. storiesbyforeignauthorsspanish_01_various_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hello,

Can I claim the TALL WOMAN?

Mayah
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mayah92 wrote:Hello,

Can I claim the TALL WOMAN?

Mayah
You certainly may (and that is certainly a foreign concept to me, being vertically challenged :roll: )
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hello Lynnet,

Here is section 1, The Tall Woman: time 46min37

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spanishauthors_01_allarcon_128kb.mp3

Hope everything is fine.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mayah92 wrote:Hello Lynnet,

Here is section 1, The Tall Woman: time 46min37

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spanishauthors_01_allarcon_128kb.mp3

Hope everything is fine.
Thank you.
Margot

Post by Margot »

I'm happy to PL The Tall Woman. And I'm new to this, so where and how do I post my comments after listening?

Here on the board?

Margot
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Margot wrote:I'm happy to PL The Tall Woman. And I'm new to this, so where and how do I post my comments after listening?

Here on the board?

Margot
Thank you for volunteering.
There are some tips and a practice quiz here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

I would recommend listening through headphones and then just listen for obvious errors. There is no need to follow along with the text for standard proof listening (so as long as it makes sense, don't worry too much about accuracy of every and, but, etc.)
You should look for things like "He ran into.... he ran through the door" or where a reader has had trouble with a particular word e.g. "pert... part...partickler...particular" and hasn't edited out the goofs. Sneezes, doors banging etc should also be edited out, but noises in the distance (traffic, birds, barking dogs) are OK unless you fall off your chair when you hear them. Also, is the file very loud or very soft? We do have a program we use for checking this (and a few other technical things) and if you decide to become serious, I'd recommend downloading it (it's free).
When you've listened, just post any comments here. I will mark the Magic Window. If you become a Dedicated Proof Listener (DPL), you would be given access to the MW you were working on.
Margot

Post by Margot »

Thanks for the great help. I've listened to about 20 minutes and it mostly sounds fine except that every two minutes there are long pauses with repeats. I have marked the start times and the sayings that are being repeated but I'm not sure if I need to write down all the words being repeated and which times to write down. They should all be easy to edit as the reader has corrected herself in her repeat. This is hard work, should I keep going? So far there are 19 long pauses with repeats. But other than that the recording meets all the requirements and sounds great.

Margot
Margot

Post by Margot »

I have finished the LP. Let me know how detailed you would like me to type up the times and words that are repeated. I can try to listen to the sections and write down just the times that need to be cut when edited or I have the beginning times of the problem section. They all seem like very easy edits and the rest of the recording is great.

Margot
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you, Margot. How you mark the errors is largely up to you... As it sounds like what we would call a 'stumble' (the wrong word falls out of our mouths somehow, but we know it and correct ourselves), you could list them as:

~0:45 stumble
~3:02 stumble etc.
The reader should be able to find the spot and correct it quite easily, especially if working backwards (otherwise everything gets moved every time there is a cut).

If it seems like the wrong word, some PLers say :
"I heard 'his trip lasted three hours' and I expected to hear 'his trip lasted three weeks'" (seems nicer than "idiot, you got it wrong :roll: " :lol: )

If a phrase is just repeated (maybe the reader decided to phrase it differently, changing the emphasis), just say :
"~5:18 repeated phrase".
Margot

Post by Margot »

All of these are Repeat Edits and the reader has continued with the correct reading. They should be easily edited out. I've listed them in reverse order to help with the editing times.

~52:53 - 53:56 Repeat paragraph
~50:19 Repeat
~49:52 Repeat
~46:00-46:11 Long Pause
~45:07-18 Repeat
~44:46 Repeat
~40:13-18 Repeat
~39:57 Repeat
~39:17 Repeat
~37:49-38:00 Repeat
~37:15 Repeat
~34:36 Repeat
~32:50 Repeat
~31:03-30 Two Repeats
~29:30 Repeat
~28:35 Repeat 2X
~26:18 Repeat
~25:41 Repeat
~22:03-22:26 Repeat 2X
~21:20 Repeat
~20:38 Repeat
~19:33 Repeat
~17:08 Repeat
~13:32 Repeat
~10:59 Repeat
~10:40 Repeat
~8:56 Repeat
~7:29 Repeat
~3:55 Repeat
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Margot wrote:All of these are Repeat Edits and the reader has continued with the correct reading. They should be easily edited out. I've listed them in reverse order to help with the editing times.

~52:53 - 53:56 Repeat paragraph
~50:19 Repeat
~49:52 Repeat
~46:00-46:11 Long Pause
~45:07-18 Repeat
~44:46 Repeat
~40:13-18 Repeat
~39:57 Repeat
~39:17 Repeat
~37:49-38:00 Repeat
~37:15 Repeat
~34:36 Repeat
~32:50 Repeat
~31:03-30 Two Repeats
~29:30 Repeat
~28:35 Repeat 2X
~26:18 Repeat
~25:41 Repeat
~22:03-22:26 Repeat 2X
~21:20 Repeat
~20:38 Repeat
~19:33 Repeat
~17:08 Repeat
~13:32 Repeat
~10:59 Repeat
~10:40 Repeat
~8:56 Repeat
~7:29 Repeat
~3:55 Repeat
Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mayah, did you accidentally upload an unedited file? It's easily done unless you name your first draft and edited version differently.
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Lynnet,

You were right about the file, I am sending the edited one to you now, and so sorry for this mistake.

Time: 46min 37
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesbyforeignauthorsspanish_01_various_128kb.mp3

Bye
Margot

Post by Margot »

I'll be happy to PL the edited version.

Margot