Greetings from Washington

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
magtutudlo

Post by magtutudlo »

Hello, I thought I might introduce myself briefly. My name is David. I am married with two daughters. I live in Washington, though I have lived in other states and countries. I am a teacher.

I love this website. I have been using this site for about two years now. I have listened to many of the books and most of the short stories. Keep them coming. :)

As a teacher, I see the value of the audio books, and listening while following along. I have heard statistics about the helpfulness of that. I wondered if any of you have any links to those statistics. I figured they would be something listed on the website, but I couldn't find them. In fact, I can't find that information anywhere, just vague information about how helpful reading while listening can be.

I may post that question again in another part of the forum, if I find a more appropriate location.
Jc

Post by Jc »

Welcome!!
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome David,

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Welcome David. Its nice to get more teachers involved. I've been trying to spread the word to all of my teachers, so far it has worked well. Were all glad to have you here and hope you have a great time.

In reference to your question see the post I made in the other thread.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects
magtutudlo

Post by magtutudlo »

Thank you very much.

I have also been telling other teachers, parents, and students. I don't know how effective it has been, though others in my family have downloaded books from here.

I imagine there are many other teachers here.
Arouet

Post by Arouet »

Welcome!

I am from Washington as well, lol.
Pacific Northwest ftw! :D
"You are irresistibly determined to reason badly, and you fulfill your destiny as I do mine."
~Francois-Marie Arouet