'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mylantus (Elliott Miller) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Elliott Miller for your reading of the 1959 novel The Pirates of Ersatz by Murray Leinster (https://librivox.org/the-pirates-of-ersatz-by-murray-leinster/). You did an excellent job giving the characters different voices. Leinster's story is fun, entertaining, and occasionally clever, perfect for making my treadmill time go by quickly. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Elliott's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for oshilinawa (Dawn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your lovely reading of Henry James' Washington Square.

Donald

All of Dawn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for mlcui (mlcui) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear mlcui,
I spend much time in my car and have little time to read, so Librivox books supply both a need and a desire in my life. I have listened to dozens of books, many of them very wonderful. I appreciate all of the readers who have taken time to offer these wonderful gifts to me. I also subscribe to Audible and have opportunity to listen to books by professional actors.
I want you to know, however, that I have never heard another book to equal At the Back of the North Wind, version 2, which you read. It is a truly great book and was masterfully performed. Thank you very much!

David

All of mlcui's recordings!
This is so kind of you. Thank you for your generous words.
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Thomas A. Copeland for his excellent reading of Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene (version 2) https://librivox.org/the-faerie-queene-by-edmund-spenser/ My 8th grade daughter is reading book one for school this year using the original text. Being able to listen this clear, well paced audio as she reads the text will make a huge difference in both enjoyment and comprehension.

Elizabeth

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lezer (Anna Simon) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to express my gratitude to Anna Simon for her readings. It is always a pleasure listen to any book she reads. I had a stroke awhile back and struggled with reading books, thus I found Librivox and Anna Simon. Thank you, you make the world a better place!

Arlon

All of Anna's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LorenEaton (Loren Eaton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,

Thank you very much I listened to The Way To Willpower by Henry Hazlett

Read by Loren Eaton

Loren you are.simply wonderful

I thank You

All of Loren's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Karen,

Thank you for everything you've read for librivox. When I recommend audiobooks to someone, I always recommend that they start off with your recordings, because I know they will love them. Everyone does. Thank you so much for this gift.

Celine
and...
Hello,

I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your contributions to Librivox. Your readings are simply a joy to listen to. I'm quite amazed at how many there are and some of your choices just happen to be favorites of mine. There's one more thing which I feel I must point out, which is that somehow the experience of listening to a book being read by someone with true feeling and expression can completely change the experience. Even books which I have read before become new and vivid in ways that are unexpected.

Cheers,

Ed

Recent book:

https://librivox.org/the-secret-garden-by-frances-hodgson-burnett-version-2/

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ruth,

Thank you so much for your recordings, you are amazing. I have listened to so many of them I feel like I have a friend across the continent. I see you have not been quite as active recently, I hope you are doing well. All the best from Greece!

Celine

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sarah Bean (Sarah Bean) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I just wanted to say I have been listening to Brothers Karamazov and the reader Sarah Bean is exceptionally good in her performance. I just want to say keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

AJ

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for amelita (Amy Conger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to Amy Conger for her wonderful reading of "The Game of Life and How to Play It", Florence Scovel Shinn. I'm so glad I found this recording.

I am grateful she read it for LibriVox, her wonderful way of reading it, and flowing grace. I listen to it while driving twice a week between 2 cities.

Blessings to Amy,
Thank you,
Terri

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
redaer

Post by redaer »

"Sleeping Sickness", "Madame de Staël", "Lectures on Tropical Diseases", "England and the Hundred Years' War", "Walpole" read by Pamela Nagami

Hello Pamela,

Thank you very much for the fine reading of these books, interesting topics! I learned a lot and am grateful for your audios.

Google books does not allow access to certain books in some countries although these books are in the public domain there. Hence it would would be helpful to link to archive.org for the online text in case the book is available there - e.g. "England and the Hundred Years War" https://archive.org/details/englandhundredye00omanuoft .

Kind regards

PM sent to Pamela Nagami
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for Dbrstitch (Debbie R. Baker Robinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Molly Brown series:

Hi Debbie,

Just want to thank you so much for recording this series! I was so excited to see another girls' school story on Librivox, I've listened to the Grace Harlowe series many time and was looking for something new. Looking forward to listening to the next one when that's ready :)

Regards,
Sarah
Greetings Sarah.

So kind of you to drop this note to me. I hope that you enjoy listening to my reading of Molly's stories as much as I enjoy recording them myself. Such innocence and naivete isn't so readily available now a days.

Back to Wellington!!!

All of Debbie's recordings!
Debbie

"There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
SURFThru

Post by SURFThru »

D.E. Wittkower,

I have listened to your superb narration of "The Enchiridion of Epictetus" a half dozen times. :thumbs:

I have 150+ Audiobooks on Audible. Without a doubt your narration is the best out of any audio book (Librivox or Paid) that I have listened to.

I see you have narrated "Reflections on War and Death" on Audible. Congrats I hope to hear more of you on that service as well!

Thank you!
Last edited by SURFThru on August 19th, 2017, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Dbrstitch wrote:
icequeen wrote:Praise received for Dbrstitch (Debbie R. Baker Robinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Molly Brown series:

Hi Debbie,

Just want to thank you so much for recording this series! I was so excited to see another girls' school story on Librivox, I've listened to the Grace Harlowe series many time and was looking for something new. Looking forward to listening to the next one when that's ready :)

Regards,
Sarah
Greetings Sarah.

So kind of you to drop this note to me. I hope that you enjoy listening to my reading of Molly's stories as much as I enjoy recording them myself. Such innocence and naivete isn't so readily available now a days.

Back to Wellington!!!

All of Debbie's recordings!

I passed this on to Sarah!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of The Screaming Skull:

My husband and I enjoyed your reading so much. Please do more horror. The complete change of voice was quiet remarkable. Thank you, Edward and Candy

All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!