[Complete]The Ghost Camp by Boldrewood - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DonaldH

Post by DonaldH »

Hey just wanted to let you know that I had some unexpected schedule changes so the timing that I planned to get my section done didn't work out. I was hoping I could still get it done in time but I haven't finished editing it yet and probably won't be able to for a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to get it edited as soon as I can (the recording is all done unless I notice something I have to re-record)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DonaldH wrote:Hey just wanted to let you know that I had some unexpected schedule changes so the timing that I planned to get my section done didn't work out. I was hoping I could still get it done in time but I haven't finished editing it yet and probably won't be able to for a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to get it edited as soon as I can (the recording is all done unless I notice something I have to re-record)
That's fine. This is moving slowly, so you're not holding anything up.
DonaldH

Post by DonaldH »

I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DonaldH wrote:I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.
You can always find that information in the first post... it is somewhat formulaic, but with long titles, the book coordinator may edit it (and collections have their own formula).
In this case, export as ghostcamp_##_boldrewood_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number from the Magic Window). Then use the uploader (link also in the first post) and in the drop-down menu for MC choose me, that is Lynnet. Upload your MP3, then copy the link here and I will add it to the Magic Window for proof listening.
Lynne
DonaldH

Post by DonaldH »

Lynnet wrote:
DonaldH wrote:I just finished the editing but I couldn't find what the metadata needed to be when the file is exported to MP3. I might have just missed it, but if you could let me know so I can upload it that would be great.
You can always find that information in the first post... it is somewhat formulaic, but with long titles, the book coordinator may edit it (and collections have their own formula).
In this case, export as ghostcamp_##_boldrewood_128kb.mp3 (where ## is the section number from the Magic Window). Then use the uploader (link also in the first post) and in the drop-down menu for MC choose me, that is Lynnet. Upload your MP3, then copy the link here and I will add it to the Magic Window for proof listening.
Lynne
I saw all of that, I was referring to this field that comes up when you export to mp3: http://prnt.sc/exlea4
For some reason I was remembering that something had to be put in those slots. I just left them empty, but if something does need to be put into them I can re-upload it.

Anyway, here's the link to the recording
http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/ghostcamp_01_boldrewood_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DonaldH wrote:
Lynnet wrote:
Lynne
I saw all of that, I was referring to this field that comes up when you export to mp3: http://prnt.sc/exlea4
For some reason I was remembering that something had to be put in those slots. I just left them empty, but if something does need to be put into them I can re-upload it.

Anyway, here's the link to the recording
http://uploads.librivox.org/lynnet/ghostcamp_01_boldrewood_128kb.mp3
Aah, I misunderstood... I know those as ID Tags 8-) We used to have to fill those out, but we had a huge upgrade a while back, and now they are filled in automatically. Some readers like to fill out the information for their own benefit (I guess... but I can't see what benefit :hmm: ) but when a book goes to the catalog, the system just over-writes everything in there anyway so you were right to leave them blank, unless you needed typing practice :lol:

Just one thing, though... we do need to know the file length in mm:ss.
Lynne
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 01 - Chapter I

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
jajtaylo

Post by jajtaylo »

I would like to be assigned Section 8 of The Ghost Camp. This will be my first recording. My name is Jasen Taylor. Thanks.

Jasen
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jajtaylo wrote:I would like to be assigned Section 8 of The Ghost Camp. This will be my first recording. My name is Jasen Taylor. Thanks.

Jasen
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
I will add you to the catalog of readers. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Just a warning: these sections are very long and are a bit daunting even for experienced readers. You have two months to complete your section (longer if you ask) so you might want to try something shorter first. Your choice.
Lynne
Lynne
jajtaylo

Post by jajtaylo »

You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum
Lynne
Lynne[/quote]

I have just completed my test and posted it in the appropriate forum. I welcome any input. I have looked over the chapter of the book that I have requested and I think I can handle it. I like a challenge.

Jasen
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jajtaylo wrote:You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum
Lynne
Lynne
I have just completed my test and posted it in the appropriate forum. I welcome any input. I have looked over the chapter of the book that I have requested and I think I can handle it. I like a challenge.

Jasen[/quote]
Once you get the OK, go for it 8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Sections 8 and 9 are ready for PL.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I just want to let everyone know that I will be leaving next week Friday, 8/4/17 and will not return home until Tuesday, 8/15/17. During this time I will not be able to PL, and will most likely not be in the forums...much. But I will catch up upon return! I am taking the family to Jellystone Campground. Thank you all!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
GillH

Post by GillH »

I'll PL Part 8.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

GillH wrote:I'll PL Part 8.
Well, there is a bit to know before PLing, but if Lynne is good with it, it is fine with me. Lynne?
Anthony