'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wildemoose (Arielle Lipshaw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/anne-of-green-gables-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/

I would like to give a hearty thanks to Arielle Lipshaw for her part as Anne and Narrator in the dramatizations of the Anne Shirley series. I am listening to them and nearly finished and I wish there were ever so many more! It is a delight to listen to her voice, very clear and expressive and I can picture "the Anne girl" clearly in it. Thank you so much for helping to bring this story to life.

Please keep reading,
Jessie

All of Arielle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SurferGirl (Julie Levi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank for your great recordings... Love your Cinema Murder recordings! Can you record more CRIME and Detective Stories, please!

Thank you in advance, love your voice.

All of Julie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caeristhiona (Kirsten Ferreri) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kirsten Ferreri, love your voice, thanks for your recordings.

PS>> CAN YOU RECORD DETECTIVE MORE SHORT STORIES? Thank you in advance!

All of Kirsten's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ohsostrange (Lee Elliot) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Lee Elliott, for your reading of the 1961 novella The Highest Treason by Randall Garrett (https://librivox.org/the-highest-treason-by-randall-garrett/). Your excellent reading of the interesting science fiction sure made several days of treadmill walking more enjoyable. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Lee's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox,

I listen to David Barnes read, Herbert Allen Giles', "China and the Chinese" at least two if not three times a week. I believe that Mr. Barnes does an excellent service in reading this book for us. I also think he is next to none in reading Tolstoy.

Thank you Mr. Barnes.

Kind regards.
Edward

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am so grateful to Librivox. I am housebound and sometimes unable to read due to a chronic illness. Librivox is such a wonderful resource and brings me so much happiness. I appreciate all the volunteers, but you are one of my favorite readers. I always enjoy the books you choose to read solo. Your voice has such warmth and character. Thank you for all your service and dedication.
Sincerely,
Carla

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Essays, First Series (version 2)
Ralph Waldo EMERSON (1803 - 1882)

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your indispensable contribution to human welfare, by virtue of which I, though a purblind, could enjoy the immense rich of wisdom by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
May I ask you, if you please, the fresh recordings of The Conduct of Life and Representative Men by Emerson?
Emerson has been my deepest admiration, and to hear him with the voice as superb as yours is my dearest wish.

Best wishes for your health and happiness,
Lee

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatteral (Clive Catteral) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

"The White Company" and "The Light Princess and Other Fairy Tales"

Mr. Catterall,

A short note of appreciation for your fine reading of these two books. I have read many books to my children (now all grown to old to have their dad read to them). Your consistent animation, easy style, enunciation, projection coupled with your grasp of the tales has made it quite a pleasure to listen to the works! Thanks for the time spent and the diligence.

Mike

All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Klett,

Just a quick note to let you how much I particularly enjoy your Jane Austen readings and to thank you for you work.

Kind regards,

Gabriela

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Margaret Espaillat

Thanks so much for donating your time to read Middlemarch! I really enjoyed it and I wouldn't have listened to it if it wasn't for you.
Thanks!

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/souls-of-black-folks-by-web-du-bois/

The Souls of Black Folk

Dear Toria's Uncle

It has been a while since I listened to your recording of The Souls of Black Folk but I have to tell you I have recommended it to dozens of friends. I was deeply moved by your recording, your voice, your inflection, your tempo and the level of professionalism and care you gave to this project. It brought this powerful, important work and all its meaning to life for me in a very impactful way (as a white guy no less). I wish more in this country would hear this recording right now.

Thank you so much!

All of toriasuncle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Joy, THANK YOU sooooo much for dictating Andrew Murray's masterpiece, " Absolute Surrender and other addresses". You have an amazing voice and a blessed talent. I often wonder just how many times you had to read this piece to get it so perfect? and what effect the content has had on you personally? Just so many nuggets.....:)

All my best,
Roger

Victoria BC

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to send a thank you to Karen Savage for her recordings. I have greatly enjoyed listening to all the Jane Austen books, along a few other recordings. Its quite amazing that such good quality readings are available for free. The only problem is that i have been spoiled by her readings that I cannot listen to anyone else, so I hope she continues to record more books. Thank you Karen Savage and Librivox for the recordings.

Best,

Mariam

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johntkucz (John Kooz) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello!

I wanted to tell John Kooz how mesmerizing his reading techniques is. Love his manner of reading. I met him in “Our cats and all about them” and was very much amused.

Thank you very much for your efforts, John! You are doing great job!

Sincerely, Aleya.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Estimado Tux,
Quiero agradecerle a usted profundamente la gran bendición que ha sido para mí escuchar las novelas de Benito Pérez Galdós que usted nos ha regalado. Yo me paso unas dos horas al día en el vehículo, y otra hora caminando para hacer ejercicio. Para mí los libros de librivox me suplen la falta de tiempo para sentarme a leer. En el portal descargo libros que nunca hubiera leído de otra forma. El descubrimiento de los Episodios Históricos ha sido un deleite, no solo porque realmente son obras maestras que me permiten experimentar lo que fue la Guerra de Independencia de España, sino también porque la forma en que usted las lee, realmente las hace vivir. Tiene usted una forma nítida, claramente enunciada, pero encantadoramente española de leer el material. ¡Muchas, pero muchas gracias!
Con Aprecio,

David

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!