COMPLETE [SS] Household Tales, by the Brothers Grimm - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvaK wrote:Here come The six servants, a story I especially loved as a child.
I remember this story as well !!! It is a bit similar to another one I heard too, "Six come through the whole world". Well read, Eva :thumbs:
I have two or three inaccuracies as far as the wording goes, nothing to worry about, in my opinion. Hope you agree.
I found only two small errors, that change the meaning a bit. Maybe if you could redo those sentences ?

> at 0:27: in the intro, you need not repeat "Story 134" right before the title. Oops, maybe I overlooked that mistake in Hans in Luck, I cannot remember whether you did it there too, sorry :(

> at 3:44: "They went onwards, and then saw a pair of feet lying and part of a pair of legs, but could not see the rest of the body." - you say "lying on a pair of legs" which doesn't make sense in this context

> at 17:03: "I have deserved this for my haughtiness and pride" - it is haughtiness, not naughtiness ;) but arguably she was naughty too, but I think she meant her pride here in this context

The rest was perfect, thanks :)

Sonia
EvaK

Post by EvaK »

Hello Sonia,
I have corrected both files, thank you for pointing out these mistakes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_083_grimm_128kb.mp3
13:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_134_grimm_128kb.mp3
18:11
Gruß
Eva
My reader page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvaK wrote:Hello Sonia,
I have corrected both files, thank you for pointing out these mistakes.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_083_grimm_128kb.mp3
13:50
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_134_grimm_128kb.mp3
18:11
thank you Eva, everything wonderfully corrected :thumbs: I see you even edited Hans in Luck, thanks and sorry I forgot it last time.

Both stories now PL ok

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SaraHale wrote: I skimmed through section 60 (The Two Brothers) and I found it interesting. So, I would like to give it a try.
Hi Sara!

This is a routine reminder that this claim is about to expire. If you plan to submit the file within the next two weeks that would be lovely, though I know it is a long story so I would be prepared to grant an extension if necessary.

If you already know that you will not complete the story by the expiry date (Aug 17) please let me know so I can open up this story for other people. This is fine, BTW, it happens quite frequently and just means that when you are ready to record again you can claim something new!

Cheers,

Elizabeth (BC)
projund

Post by projund »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

projund wrote:Round 3... haha
63 The Three Feathers
6:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/Householdtales_063_grimm_128kb.mp3
three time's the charm, ey ? especially in fairy tales :wink:

Well the good news is, the correct sentence is perfectly added and the end silence is 5 seconds :thumbs:

But this time you exported the recording in stereo, instead of mono. No worries though, I quickly converted it back into mono again and will re-upload the correct file. So you have nothing further to correct here. Only remember to stay in mono for your future recordings. Do you have Audacity ? Usually if you once set it on mono, it should stay that way :hmm:

Also careful with the filenames, they should not use capital letters !

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/householdtales_063_grimm_128kb.mp3

Three feathers PL ok now. Thanks !

Oh and there has been a new opening in the MW, in case you want to have a go at another tale :mrgreen: First come first serve.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Elizabby wrote:
SaraHale wrote: I skimmed through section 60 (The Two Brothers) and I found it interesting. So, I would like to give it a try.
Hi Sara!

This is a routine reminder that this claim is about to expire. If you plan to submit the file within the next two weeks that would be lovely, though I know it is a long story so I would be prepared to grant an extension if necessary.

If you already know that you will not complete the story by the expiry date (Aug 17) please let me know so I can open up this story for other people. This is fine, BTW, it happens quite frequently and just means that when you are ready to record again you can claim something new!

Cheers,

Elizabeth (BC)
Thank you for the reminder. I plan to submit the recording on Friday, 11th of August. If something went wrong, I will tell you right away. I am sorry. I've got a new job. So I was trying to manage between the two. I don't want to give up the recording. Talk to you very soon. :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I will take 32 Clever Hans since it reopened and only 900 words
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay thanks Larry. And that makes us fully claimed again :9: I'll put you in the MW

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Four more sections have been orphaned. I will wait a day for anyone on the project thread to claim before posting in the official "orphans" post over in Readers Wanted.
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lyn has agreed via PM to adopt Hansel and Gretel :9: thanks so much. Will update MW

Sonia
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

Hi Sonia
Please could I claim "Hansel and Grethel"?
:lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LynStanley wrote:Hi Sonia
Please could I claim "Hansel and Grethel"?
:lol:
YES ! thanks for making it official !

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Sonia, Master Pfriem is PL OK! Odd story though, I kept hoping he would get taught a lesson!