COMPLETE[PLAY]Love and a Bottle by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
jpercival
Posts: 54
Joined: November 19th, 2013, 7:28 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ontario

Post by jpercival » July 20th, 2017, 4:09 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_pindress_1.mp3 3:15

Please let me know if I'm completely off with my reads, it seemed like she was teasing Lucinda through most of it so I tried to get that in my voice.


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 20th, 2017, 11:32 pm

jpercival wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_pindress_1.mp3 3:15
Please let me know if I'm completely off with my reads, it seemed like she was teasing Lucinda through most of it so I tried to get that in my voice.
Hi Jessie

I see this is your first drama reading for LibriVox. Well I can safely say, from listening to your file: I hope it's not your last !!! :9:

I can assure you, you are completely NOT off with your reads. In fact you play the witty, cheeky lady-in-waiting exactly like one would expect from a bawdy comedy. :thumbs: Not only have you done a flawless reading and left out enough space in-between for edits, but you really created a character and intonated and "played" it out well. This is exactly what will make the dialogues so great later on when assembled.

Please continue like this in the next acts :) I already know you will have a long dialogue with me (Leanthe, disguised as a page boy). Pindress will be completely lusting after the poor boy :lol: so I am looking forward to this and I'm happy to have you as dialogue partner, because I'm sure you can pull that one :mrgreen:

Excellent start in your voice-drama career...I hope you have fun, so we'll hear you in plenty other plays as well.

Pindress Act 1: PL ok

Sonia

Craigos
Posts: 409
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 8:42 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Craigos » July 22nd, 2017, 4:34 am

An amended Brush 1:22


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 22nd, 2017, 6:30 am

Craigos wrote:An amended Brush 1:22
coach and six now correct. Thanks. PL ok

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 26th, 2017, 8:08 am

alright Todd, here is a bit of work for you. I think my voice is good enough again to venture into drama. Here is Act 3 for your little sister Leanthe. Hope it's to your liking :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_leanthe_3.mp3
Recording time: 7:26 min.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7025
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 26th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Kitty wrote:alright Todd, here is a bit of work for you. I think my voice is good enough again to venture into drama. Here is Act 3 for your little sister Leanthe. Hope it's to your liking :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_leanthe_3.mp3
Recording time: 7:26 min.

Sonia
Downloaded - should listen by the weekend....

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 27th, 2017, 5:13 am

here is Act 4, I get to make fun of you, Todd :mrgreen: I can't believe that not even the brother is recognizing his sister :roll: I think these role-switches always bend a bit the laws of probability

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_leanthe_4.mp3
Recording time: 3:57 min.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 28th, 2017, 5:50 am

et voilà, Leanthe is finished (unless you find errors)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_leanthe_5.mp3
Recording time: 4:24 min.

now getting ready for Georgiana, a bit of a change in character :mrgreen:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7025
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 28th, 2017, 9:25 am

Thanks - I'll get to PL'ing these soon.

Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7025
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 28th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Kitty wrote:here is Act 4, I get to make fun of you, Todd :mrgreen: I can't believe that not even the brother is recognizing his sister :roll: I think these role-switches always bend a bit the laws of probability

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_leanthe_4.mp3
Recording time: 3:57 min.

Sonia
All three acts are PL OK. But, little sister, you do seem to have no acquaintance at all with the difference between truth and falsehood. Tsk, tsk.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11690
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 28th, 2017, 3:31 pm

ToddHW wrote:All three acts are PL OK. But, little sister, you do seem to have no acquaintance at all with the difference between truth and falsehood. Tsk, tsk.
awww, I think the problem is, you lack a sense of humour, big brother :mrgreen:

thanks for the PL :9: (I should really go to bed)

Sonia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15139
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » July 29th, 2017, 6:55 am

Could I read Pamphlet the bookseller please?
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7025
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 29th, 2017, 8:01 am

Availle wrote:Could I read Pamphlet the bookseller please?
Thanks.

Todd

Post Reply