COMPLETE [Finnish] Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset by Goethe -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832). Translated by Volter Kilpi (1874 - 1939)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/nuoren-wertherin-kaersimykset-by-johann-wolfgang-von-goethe/
Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset (saks. Die Leiden des jungen Werthers, 1774) on Johann Wolfgang von Goethen kirjoittama kirjeromaani. Löyhästi omaelämäkerrallisesta romaanista kehkeytyi saksalaisen Sturm und Drang -liikkeen tärkeimpiä teoksia. Sillä oli myös vaikutusta myöhempään romantiikan kirjallisuuteen. Romaanin ansiosta Goethesta tuli yksi ensimmäisistä kirjallisuuden tähdistä jo elinaikanaan. ( Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/47210
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "[Osan järjestysnumero] osa, Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset. Tämä on LibriVox-äänite. Kaikki LibriVox-äänitteet ovat julkista omaisuutta. Lisätietoja saadaksesi, tai ilmoittautuaksesi vapaaehtoiseksi, mene osoitteeseen librivox PISTE org
    • If you wish, say:
      "Lukijana [Oma nimesi]"
    • Say:
      "Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Kääntänyt Volter Kilpi, [Osan järjestysnumero] osa"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • ''[Osan järjestysnumero"] osa, Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Kääntänyt Volter Kilpi. Tämä LibriVox-äänite on julkista omaisuutta."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Lukijana [Oma nimesi]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Luvun otsikko]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "[Järjestysnumero] osan loppu"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Lukijana [oma nimesi]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Kirjan loppu. Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Kääntänyt Volter Kilpi"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename wertherinkärsimykset_##_goethe_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. wertherinkärsimykset_01_goethe_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags (you don't have to add these; I can add them automatically when cataloguing)
    Artist: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Nuoren Wertherin kärsimykset

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lz - lezer
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by Kalilei on July 23rd, 2017, 2:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Looking for a narrator for a dramatic reading of the Finnish epic KALEVALA
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hello Kalilei,
I can be your MC for this project - though I don't understand a word of Finnish :)
I see you've done some recordings in group projects so know that part of things. I'll send you some information on how to handle the Magic Window (MW), since as a soloist, you'll be updating the MW yourself. Will be right back!
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

There, you have your very own Magic Window (MW)!
Here you can find the information on how to update it: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window - this page also contains detailed information on how to log in, the first time you'll have to go through a few steps to get a password, but the steps are pretty clear. Let me know if you run into problems.

A few small things:
- your Finnish intro for LibriVox seems only to be the long one. In a solo, you only need to use the long disclaimer/intro on the first file, you can use a shortened version for all other sections. Take a look at some solo projects, and you'll see. Could you copy the Finnish translation of the shortened intro to the first post (you can edit it)? This will be helpful for your proof-listener.
- the mp3 title is a bit long with the complete title. We could shorten it, for example "nuorenwertherin_##_goethe_128kb.mp3" (I'm presuming that would be 'young Werther' in Finnish?) or wertherinkarsimykset_##goethe_128kb.mp3 if that makes more sense in Finnish. What do you think?
- don't worry about the mp3 tags, I'll be able to add those automatically at cataloguing, as long as you fill in the title fields of the MW.

And I think that's it.
Do you happen to know whether there are any Finnish-speaking readers or prooflisteners active at LV at the moment? It may be harder to find a PL-er otherwise...

Let me know if you have any questions.
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Thank you for MCing!

I think having the file naming format be wertherinkärsimykset_##_goethe_128kb.mp3 is more relatable in Finnish. I will change this and add the shortened Finnish intro to the opening post this weekend.

I see that 25 Finnish books have been recorded for LV so I was hoping there might be resident Finns on the board somewhere. There is another Finnish solo project going on currently by Harr1 who seems to have family members helping him with PL stuff. Perhaps I can message him to ask if PLing this work is a possibility. Otherwise, once the whole book is recorded I might ask some friend of mine to PL.

I actually already recorded the first section. Just need to add the intro and outro to it.
lezer

Post by lezer »

All good suggestions! You've certainly prepared yourself well. Have fun with the recording (even when the text might be sad...) :)
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

I edited the opening post to be up to bar. I have also recorded the second section of the book. I'll see if I can get them uploaded today, but if not it might be in a week or so.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Looks good.
I'll move the project to "Going Solo". As soon as you have a section up, we can post an advert for a PL-er in the Listeners Wanted forum, unless you get a response before that.
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Here is section 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/wertherinkarsimykset_02_goethe_128kb.mp3 (25:26)

I'll get the first section up ASAP. I'm currently kinda between apartments and it is in the other one atm.

Hopefully we can find a PLer :)
lezer

Post by lezer »

Always nice to get the project really going!
I've posted a topic looking for a listener in the Listener Wanted forum.

Could you post the duration of the file in the notes field in the MW when you next go there, please?
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

I am having a bit of trouble. I tried uploading Section 1 but after I start the uploader, it uploads for a while and then gives: "Null 27.44 kb" as a result. I tried it a few times with two browsers (Firefox and Chrome).

Any ideas for a solution?
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hmm, it may be something simple (if you haven't tried already):

- are you sure you are still logged in? If you've left the browser window open for a while and then went back to it, without refreshing, it may seem to be open, but will not work properly. So close the browser window and open new (with log in).
- are you sure the mp3 file is OK? If something went wrong with the exporting of the file to mp3, or the transferring through USB-keys or something, the file may have gotten corrupted.

If these steps don't work, could you post your question in the Need Help? forum. Someone is sure to see it who knows more about it than I do.
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Ok, figured it out. Had accidentally spelled kärsimykset with an "ä" in the file name. Apparently the uploader didn't like it.

Section 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/wertherinkarsimykset_01_goethe_128kb.mp3 (29:16)
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Section 3 recorded and ready for PL.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Ah, I didn't think of the ä! Probably best not to have that in the mp3 title, forgot about that, sorry...
Anna
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

Section 4 recorded and ready for PL.