LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 12:00 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2  [ 29 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: June 4th, 2017, 5:24 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8405
Celebrated Crimes Vol 4 Part 3: by Alexandre Dumas (1802 - 1870).

Quote:
Dumas, with the assistance of several friends, compiled Celebrated Crimes, a collection of essays on famous criminals and crimes from European history. Includes the case of Nisida. ( Michele Eaton )


    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2760
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

      Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard


      Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

      Please only read from the Google Docs which are in the MW

      Magic Window:



      BC Admin

      ===========================================

      Genres for the project: Suspense, Espionage, Political & Thrillers


    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

      Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of Celebrated Crimes Volume 4 Part 3: by Alexandre Dumas. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Celebrated Crimes Volume 4 Part 3: by Alexandre Dumas. Section [number]"

      END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Section [number] "
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Celebrated Crimes Volume 4 Part 3: by Alexandre Dumas. "

      There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

      Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      celebratedcrimesvol4part3_##_dumas_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. celebratedcrimesvol4part3_01_dumas_128kb.mp3)
    9. [b]Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Alexandre Dumas
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Celebrated Crimes Volume 4 Part 3: by Alexandre Dumas

      Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        Image
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.


      Any questions?
      Please post below

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Last edited by wib66 on August 3rd, 2017, 6:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 4th, 2017, 6:24 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Posts: 6372
Location: Northern Maine
Hi Michele,
You are all set. I have you as DPL. If you aren't, let me know and I will update that.
Cheers!
Amy

_________________
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 6th, 2017, 8:50 am 

Joined: July 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Posts: 561
**edited June 8 - because I figure out that this is not the whole works and that the part I wanted will come in a later volume.**

_________________
Regards,
Jason in Panama

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...


Last edited by jasonb on June 8th, 2017, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 7th, 2017, 6:20 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Posts: 6372
Location: Northern Maine
Over to Readers Wanted.

_________________
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 8th, 2017, 3:01 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8405
alg1001 wrote:
Hi Michele,
You are all set. I have you as DPL. If you aren't, let me know and I will update that.
Cheers!
Amy


Hi Amy
Thanks yes I will be DPL will get the MW completed thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 1:17 am 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
Hi, there. I'd like to offer to read a section but I'm fining the info about the sections confusing because according to the Magic Window there are only a chapter 1 and a chapter 2, each with various sections(parts). I opened the text, and after the section which has 'Nisida' as the tittle, there is a 'Derusa' as the following, but no mention about part I or part II or anything like that. Could someone please tell me the page number of the beginning of any section, and the last page as well? I am happy to read any, so long as I know exactly from where to where. Thank you :-) :)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 1:50 am 

Joined: July 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Posts: 561
Hi! Since I woke up a few minutes ago and can't seem to get back to sleep at 345am, I will step in and answer. This project has links to the text for each section in the window itself. Instead of reading from the main text link like for most projects, you will open each section from these links in the magic window.

Hope this helps!

_________________
Regards,
Jason in Panama

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 3:16 am 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
Thanks, Jason. It makes perfect sense now! :)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 3:34 am 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
I'd like to do the first section. :) And possibly more, which I will decide after finishing the first, as this is literally my first recording here (after a few DPL projects)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 4:34 am 

Joined: July 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Posts: 561
Just a quick note, I went through your previous posts and hadn't come upon any test recording. It is really helpful to do a 1-minute test recording to ensure that your levels are all set correctly so that your full recordings present as best as possible. Thanks for your work as a DPL, especially in the Spanish and Portuguese sections. It's always nice to see a listener transition to a voice - I tried it the other way around, but I do so enjoy recording much more!

Anyways, get that test into the Listeners wanted section and someone will listen to it and make any suggestions so that your full-length recordings sound great!

(as I am not the BC I can't assign any sections, so that is why I can only suggest the 1-minute test for now)

_________________
Regards,
Jason in Panama

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 24th, 2017, 3:03 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8405
Nadfern wrote:
I'd like to do the first section. :) And possibly more, which I will decide after finishing the first, as this is literally my first recording here (after a few DPL projects)


Hi Nadfern
I will sign you up to the first section however I see that you have been a member for a while as a PL. However please don't record until you have read the following information and submitted a 1 - minute test(see below) and got the ok to proceed with recording. I also need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or a pseudonym thanks.

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

Please make sure you complete the "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording any chapters for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 24th, 2017, 7:10 pm 

Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm
Posts: 42
Hi there!

I didn't know Dumas wrote true crime stories! This looks fascinating.

I'd like to claim section 7-- Chapter 2 Part 1.

Susan


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 26th, 2017, 7:19 pm 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
Hi, Jason. Thanks for your suggestion. Where can I post a recording test so you can listen (if you're still willing to do so)? Thanks again. Never done that so I don't know where to upload the file...


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 26th, 2017, 8:50 pm 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
Hi again, Jason. I just found some instruction which had been sent to me before I messaged you. Thanks anyway. I'll have a go at recording and hopefully with the instructions, I'll be able to sort it out. If I get lost, I'll ask for help :D
Cheers,

N


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 26th, 2017, 11:23 pm 

Joined: August 26th, 2016, 4:44 am
Posts: 75
wib66 wrote:
Nadfern wrote:
I'd like to do the first section. :) And possibly more, which I will decide after finishing the first, as this is literally my first recording here (after a few DPL projects)


Hi Nadfern
I will sign you up to the first section however I see that you have been a member for a while as a PL. However please don't record until you have read the following information and submitted a 1 - minute test(see below) and got the ok to proceed with recording. I also need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or a pseudonym thanks.

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

Please make sure you complete the "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording any chapters for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions


Hi, Michele. I am having trouble finding the MC. It says that this project's MC is yy-yyyyy but that does not figure in the drop-down list when I try to upload my 1min test.
Thanks
N


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group