'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EVH (eva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Eva

I have listen to your reading of War and Pace with eminence pleasure and joy. You bought a wonderful novel to life with pathos and meaning – I spent hours driving to rural children’s hospitals in country Australia and your voice and reading made the long journeys a pleasure - even something I looked forwarding.

Thanks you - you will never know how helpful your were in a difficult time, so thank you, thank you.

Kind regards
Brendan

All of eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Grothmann (Dale Grothmann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your work on SciFi shorts. It was a disapointment to me when Greg Margerette died. Your really making SciFi Shorts Great ;)

All of Dale's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sibella (Sibella Denton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just want to email to say thank you to Sibella Denton for her fantastic reading of Further Chronicles of Avonlea off the Librivox website.
https://librivox.org/further-chronicles-of-avonlea-by-lm-montgomery/
I have very much enjoyed both the book and Sibella's reading of it.
Thanks very much.

All of Sibella's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

i would like to thank annie coleman for the fine reading of the adventures of huckleberry fin. also allowing your services free of charge. i listen to the books at work and it helps pass the time away. again thankyou

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

I'd like to thank Sandra Cullum for her recording of The Book of Wonder by Lord Dunsany. I have a little podcast for an obscure roleplaying game, and I've been using her recordings once a month to give Dunsany's stories as gaming material. Also, it helps break up my voice by having a second voice in the podcast. It's been terribly useful to me.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Timothy Ferguson wrote:I'd like to thank Sandra Cullum for her recording of The Book of Wonder by Lord Dunsany. I have a little podcast for an obscure roleplaying game, and I've been using her recordings once a month to give Dunsany's stories as gaming material. Also, it helps break up my voice by having a second voice in the podcast. It's been terribly useful to me.

I have passed your note on to Sandra!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EVH (eva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sehr geehrte Frau Eva,

ich bin zwar im Hören der Toten Seelen noch nicht all zu weit vorgedrungen, möchte Ihnen aber schon jetzt sehr herzlich für das Vergnügen danken, das mir Ihre Lektüre bereitet!
Ihre Stimme empfinde ich als sehr, sehr angenehm und mich erfreuen die vielfältigen Modulationen, mit denen Sie Ihre Stimme an die jeweilige Person und die augenblickliche Situation anpassen!
Ganz besonders begeistert bin ich aber von der Art und Weise, mit der Sie die russischen Namen aussprechen. Sonst finde ich die Angaben am Anfang eines jeden Teils immer lästig – nun entzückt mich jedes mal, wie Sie den Namen des Autors aussprechen! Und bei „Manilow” schmelze ich förmlich dahin!

Da meine Augen altershalber schon recht schlecht sind und auch noch schlechter werden, macht mir das Lesen nicht mehr so viel Freude wie früher. Wenn ich da von jemandem wie Ihnen so wunderbar vorgelesen bekomme, dann ist das mehr, als nur ein Ersatz.

Ich freue mich schon auf Ihre Anna Karenina (die ich eben schon mal herunterlade)!

Mit herzlichem Dank und freundlichen Grüßen

Hansjörg

All of eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sarah Bean (Sarah Bean) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Librivox,

I want to say thank you to reader Sarah Bean. I've been listening to her recordings of The Brothers Karamazov and her reading has added so much to the experience of this classic story. I looked to see if she recorded any other books and was disappointed to see she has not.

Thank you so much Sarah!

https://librivox.org/the-brothers-karamazov-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/

Thank you Librivox!

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Mark Nelson for yet another enjoyable listening experience. The book was the 1958 novel Space Prison by Tom Godwin (https://librivox.org/space-prison-by-tom-godwin/). Germs, hell fever, prowlers, unicorns, mockers... good stuff. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for vira (Vira Denton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I’ve just finished your reading of Rider Haggard’s Black Heart White Heart. It gave hours of pleasure to a listener as he carved wooden Christmas tree ornaments on two hot July evenings in Beavercreek, Ohio. This was the best reading of a book that I have ever heard. I hope that you will use your extraordinary talent to read more.

All of Vira's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kaseumin (kaseumin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Kaseumin,

My name is Rita, i am an artist based in London, UK.
I discovered your wonderful Librivox recording of Ogura Hyakunin Isshu, edited by Fujiwara no Teika on the internet.

Link: http://librivox.org/ogura-hyakunin-isshu-by-fujiwara-no-teika/

I am currently working on a Karuta project.
This project is a video that will feature all 100 poems/cards in an animated fashion and it's going to be very colourful and beautiful.
I'd like you to be part of this project so i'd like to ask your permission for the use of your vox/recording to match each Karuta card for this project .

I have attached three raw stills from the project so that it gives you an idea of how the project its going to be like. (Not posted here)

Please let me know if you are happy for me to use the recording.

Would love to hear from you very soon.

Thank you,
Rita.

All of kaseumin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

My Dear Helen,
Your reading of Vanity Fair is well worth the wait!
Such an excellent, compelling, and enthralling reading!
You are indeed the best!
With many, many thanks,
Vicki, (Albuquerque, NM)

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Gail Mattern (Gail Mattern) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her reading of The Enchanted Barn:

Thank you for recording this wonderful book! I loved it when I first read it several years ago. I am a teacher and have lots of household tasks which get put-off until summer. Then summer comes and I have to do them! So, I turn on your recording and get to work cleaning my sewing room or putting my kitchen cabinets in order. Your recording helps me enjoy my work and stay on task.

I so enjoy listening to you read. It is such a lovely story I wish I could move to stone barn!

Thank you,
Ruby

All of Gail's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Remerciements sincères à Bob Neufeld pour sa lecture de

thank to Bob Neufeld for his reading of
The Island Of Doctor Moreau

Je me suis permis de faire un sous titre en dur de l'introduction à cette adresse:

I have allowed myself to make a hard subtitle of the introduction at this address:

https://youtu.be/6aUjVPDVma0

si pour quelque raison que ce soit vous y voyer un inconvénient, je la retirerai.

If for any reason you disagree with this action , I will remove it immediately.

Thank again

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lezer (Anna Simon) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just a note to thank Anna Simon for her wonderful reading of Hide and Seek by Wilkie Collins.
The clarity of her voice and recordings as well as the incredible smoothness as she switches between characters with very realistic accents has moved her to the top of my favorite readers list.
Thank you, Anna, for a terrific job in this and all your other books I've listened to.
/s/Tom
Brunswick, GA
USA

All of Anna's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!