COMPLETE [PLAY] Oroonoko by Thomas Southerne-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

WiltedScribe wrote: Hi Nemo,

OK, if you can make Planter #2 sound completely different from Daniel and Hottman, I can give him to you. :) #3 or #4 might have been better because they only have an "omnes" line in Act 5, where you are also Daniel, but I will trust your acting skills. :D
Deal - and if you don't like it, feel free to toss it out. I wont mind at all! :)

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

WiltedScribe wrote:
bluechien wrote:Sonia and Tomas, I tried different relative volumes but if one person does not come out ahead, all the voices start to sound muddy and indistinct. Sonia was clearly the nicest one for this focus. Don't object please :D I bet a casual listener cannot even tell.
Alright, I will take your word, Eva. :) Maybe it's fine if there is a ringleader slave---in movies, there's always one voice that's louder than the rest. Sonia must be the more courageous voice, and the others more indecisive.

PL OK... again. :lol:
:9:

I went back just now and tried it with less Sonia and it wasn't very nice :D
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:I went back just now and tried it with less Sonia and it wasn't very nice :D
"less Sonia" :lol: ok I will be the bad-ass woman slave, why not :mrgreen:

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Nemo! :) You've really been a big help, taking 3 roles here, and it's very much appreciated. :9:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent Nemo ! One wouldn't think that whimpy Daniel is the same person than this hateful boisterous planter :thumbs: Well done. I love the gruff tone in your voice.

All three Acts PL ok

Sonia
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Hopefully, this is the last correction on the prologue

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oroonoko_aboan_prologue.mp3 :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

larryhayes7 wrote:Hopefully, this is the last correction on the prologue
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oroonoko_aboan_prologue.mp3 :clap:
it is !!!!! all edits fine now, and sorry for the misunderstandings before

PL ok :thumbs:

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Wow, that's fabulous! :shock: Thank you for chipping in, Devorah! I'm sure your lines are well-read, but I'll let Sonia make it official.

Two more roles up for grabs! And both very small, to boot. Literally one line in each of three acts for the Fourth Planter; Third Planter gets an additional two in the first act, but that's it.
Tomas Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

WiltedScribe wrote:
Wow, that's fabulous! :shock: Thank you for chipping in, Devorah! I'm sure your lines are well-read, but I'll let Sonia make it official.

Two more roles up for grabs! And both very small, to boot. Literally one line in each of three acts for the Fourth Planter; Third Planter gets an additional two in the first act, but that's it.
Haha, you mean my line! It took me about thirty seconds to record, edit, and upload this, so no thanks are necessary. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah the rest of lusty widow Lackitt :lol: well done, I like the cheeky innuendoed sex-talk they are having through almost the entire act 4 :mrgreen:

a few corrections to be made still:

> Act 4 & 5 have inversed filenames, careful with that. You named Act four "_5_" and vice-versa

> volume is a bit over 92 dB in each case, but can be adjusted later on

in Act 4:

> at 4.10: "his name is Daniel, you know" - forgot "you know"

in Act 5:

> at 0:09: "So Mrs Lucy, I have brought him about again, I have chastised him" - missing this part of the sentence

> at 1:05: "I could not be cheated in every thing" - you say "I have been cheated in everything", but she rather means, you could not cheat me in believing you're a man

the rest is fine !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Haha, you mean my line! It took me about thirty seconds to record, edit, and upload this, so no thanks are necessary. :)
yes it may only be one sentence but you made the most of your role. You sound like a very young servant, who is eager to do everything right and to the point :thumbs: well done and PL ok

thanks for helping out Devorah :9: see you in the next play :)

Sonia
Paezra

Post by Paezra »

Can I claim third planter please?