[COMPLETE] Mystery of the Ravenspurs by Fred M. White-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 49 has been posted. No rush, Sonia, I hope you begin feeling better soon. This can be PL'd at your convenience, be it a week or two is fine with me.
Thanks!! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I would never wait for two weeks to listen to a chapter of the Ravenspurs ! Actually your voice has been like an anodyne to my hurting head at the moment while I was listening. And I knew I wouldn't have to constantly note down corrections with your recordings, so it was an easy run-through. I was expecting the odd "food-blooper", but no such luck this time. Laughing would have been a good medicine too :mrgreen:

Chapter 49 is PL ok.

Slowly on the mend. My throat it hurting a lot, so recording is out of the question, but unless my headache returns, I can do some PLing still.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Encouraged to hear that you are on the mend. My hope is that it has about run its course by now.

Chapter 50 has been posted and is ready for a listen at your leisure. Enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Encouraged to hear that you are on the mend. My hope is that it has about run its course by now.
yes the headache and fever are gone :) I guess I will be back to normal in a day or two
Chapter 50 has been posted and is ready for a listen at your leisure. Enjoy!
hehe, Geoffrey finally came to the conclusion that Marion might have a sister (something I already suspected in one of the first 10 chapters I think. Actually as soon as the double showed up. :mrgreen: )

I'm not sure what happened now...has Marion simply opened the window and thrown the key inside for Tchigorsky to use ? Wasn't she supposed to bring the box to Mrs May ? :hmm: So I guess she chose her side with the Ravenspurs for good now.

And this time I found 2 small errors :shock:

> at 4:32: "I am not going to pry into your secrets" - you forgot the little word "no" which makes Ralph's comment sound much more threatening to Marion :|

> at 9:50: "An exclamation of anger and annoyance came from Tchigorsky" - you say "examination" which makes not much sense really

The rest, perfect as always !

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

I searched several online dictionaries, and even a thesaurus, but couldn't fine any that indicated the word "exclamation" as a food element ! :mrgreen:

Good catches, both. They have been corrected, and the corrected chapter 50 has been uploaded for a spot check.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:I searched several online dictionaries, and even a thesaurus, but couldn't fine any that indicated the word "exclamation" as a food element ! :mrgreen:
hehe, indeed, you seem to have expanded your field of errors by now :mrgreen: (or maybe you weren't hungry when you recorded this bit)

Chapter 50 now Spot PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 51 has been posted for you.
Thanks! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Abell shows up again ! What a surprise, as he was only a minor character right at the beginning. Well, this might be good for Marion, it looks as if those two could come together in the end (if it is a happy end), and then Geoffrey and Vera can marry without breaking Marion's heart. How romantically convenient :mrgreen:

I was surprised to hear that Marion does not know Tchigorsky and Ralph knew each other so well. I thought she knew more, but maybe it was only Geoffrey and to a certain extent Vera who know parts of that puzzle. :hmm:

Well, another great chapter and perfectly read without any errors :thumbs: PL ok again

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 52 is now uploaded and ready for scrutiny.
Thanks! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well done on chapter 52, flawless reading again and PL ok. So the mystery of the key-dropping is explained now, very clever.

90% done, we're heading towards the finishing line :9:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 53 has been posted.

Don't feel the need to PL these last several chapters in a hurry.
I might try to have the recording part of this project wrapped up within a week or so, but please .... PL at your own pace and leisure. There is no rush whatever.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished chapter 53 and I want to know what's in that letter :evil: Always these cliff-hangers !

this time, I have a small note again for you:

> at 10:59: "See, I do not address the envelope, but place on it this funny sign that looks like an intoxicated problem in Euclid" - you say "but place it in this funny sign". The sentence is strange enough somehow, but maybe it makes a bit more sense the way it is in the book :hmm:

The rest, perfect, as usual :thumbs:
I might try to have the recording part of this project wrapped up within a week or so
cool, you think we can finish the book over the weekend ? Well, I'll do my best to keep the pace for proofing :)

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

That's a great catch, Sonia! :thumbs:

53 has been patched and re-uploaded if you want to spot check it sometime.

I could probably finish editing over the weekend, but I don't want to put any pressure on you. I'm sure you have enough to do already!
Even if I do finish it by the weekend, please don't think that you need to PL my chapters right away.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:That's a great catch, Sonia! :thumbs:
53 has been patched and re-uploaded if you want to spot check it sometime.
quickly re-listened to that part and it's PL ok now :) perfectly edited, as always.
I could probably finish editing over the weekend, but I don't want to put any pressure on you. I'm sure you have enough to do already!
Even if I do finish it by the weekend, please don't think that you need to PL my chapters right away.
yes I do have quite a lot of PL jobs, but I will always try to find time for the Ravenspurs. Maybe I binge out on them for the grand finale on the weekend :mrgreen:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

OK then .... 54 has been posted. The weekend hasn't arrived yet, so you can binge later if you prefer. :mrgreen: