COMPLETE (Spanish) La Guerra de los Mundos HGWells-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:uploaded 14th, it is a long one, and... there were some blanks (whites in fact) so i have to do some translation of that parts (both in this chapter and in the next one) of course it wont be perfect but i think it is quite understandable.
Yes there seems to be an entire page missing at 20:55, but maybe that day there was no newspaper :hmm: The text itself seems to continue at the right spot, although I'm not too sure about that.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok I myself translated the blank in chapter 14: here is the original english text and the translation, I used the words shown on the paper. `ll do the same on chapter 15

Beyond Victoria the public-houses were doing a lively trade with these arrivals. At all the street corners groups of people were reading papers, talking excitedly, or staring at these unusual Sunday visitors. They seemed to increase as night drew on, until at last the roads, my brother said, were like Epsom High Street on a Derby Day.
My brother addressed several of these fugitives and got unsatisfactory answers from most.
None of them could tell him any news of Woking except one man, , who assured him that Woking had been entirely destroyed on the previous night.. ‘I come from Byfleet,’ he said, ‘man on a bicycle came through the place in the early morning, and ran from door to door warning us to come away. Then came soldiers. We went out to look and there were clouds of smoke to the south— nothing but smoke, and not a soul coming that way. Then we heard the guns at Chertsey, , and folks coming from Wey- bridge. So I’ve locked up my house and come on.’ At the time there was a strong feeling in the streets s that the authorities were to blame for their incapacity to dispose of the invaders without all this inconvenience. About eight o’clock a noise of heavy firing was distinctly audible all over the south of London.
Mi hermano hizo varias preguntas a estos fugitivos y la mayoría le dieron respuestas poco satisfactorias. Ninguno de ellos pudo decirle ninguna novedad de Woking, excepto un hombre, que le aseguró que Woking había sido totalmente destruido la noche anterior. “Vengo de Byfleet” ; le dijo; “a la mañana temprano andaba un ciclista, e iba de puerta en puerta advirtiendo que abandonásemos el lugar. Luego llegaron los soldados. Salimos para echar una mirada, y había nubes de humo al sur – nada más que humo y ni un alma viniendo por ahí. Y a poco oímos los disparos en Chertsey y vimos unos sujetos que venían de Weybridge. Entonces cerré mi casa y salí”. Por ese entonces había una fuerte irritación en las calles y la sensación de que las autoridades no habían sabido disponer de los invasores sin todos aquellos inconvenientes. Alrededor de las ocho en punto se pudo oir distintamente en todo el sur de Londres el bronco ruido de un cañoneo.
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great work, Victor :thumbs: I hope for you that the rest of the text is not corrupted anymore.

This chapter is PL ok now.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded Chapter 15, same as 14 there was a blank, here is the translation

Save that an unknown element giving a group of four lines in the blue of the spectrum is concerned, we are still entirely ignorant of the nature of this substance.
Once the tumultuous upheaval of its dispersion was over, the black smoke clung so closely to the ground, even before its precipitation, that fifty feet up in the air, on the roofs and upper stories of high houses and on great trees, there was a chance of escaping its poison altogether, as was proved even that night at Street Cobham and Ditton. The man who escaped at the former place tells a wonderful story of the strangeness of its coiling Flow.
Excepto en lo que concierne a un elemento desconocido que da un grupo de cuatro líneas en el azul del espectro, todavía somos totalmente ignorantes de la naturaleza de esa sustancia Cuando la tumultuosa convulsión del estallido se dispersó, el humo negro se condesó tan pesadamente contra el suelo, y se le adhirió de una manera tan íntima, incluso antes de su total precipitación, que a cincuenta pies de altura, por encima de los tejados o en los pisos superiores de las casas de dos plantas o subiéndose a árboles altos, había probabilidad de escapar al efecto de su envenenamiento como se demostró esa noche en Cobham Street y en Ditton. El hombre que logró escapar en primer lugar cuenta una historia maravillosa sobre la extrañeza de este azote.
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded chap0ter 16 and 17 and part I is finished!! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the delay, but I had too much of a headache over the weekend to concentrate on a Spanish text. Just listened to Chapter 15 now and it's PL ok, including the blanked out text, nicely adapted :thumbs:

Will try to finish the other two today as well

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished the long chapter 16. Quite an apocalyptic vision in this one. I liked your constant cries of the people "Adelante" ! Makes it really intense.

Only one note here:

> at 0:25: you forgot the entire first 2 and a half lines: “Hé aqui cómo […] al amanecer el lunes”

The rest is without errors

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes ! and I finished the third chapter as well. Quite an action-packed scene on the Thames.

I have one small note:

> at 5:33: “de una nube de vapor negro” – you say “nave”, I don't think this is a synonym, but I let you decide

The rest is excellently narrated :thumbs:

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hola! Quisiera saber si se puede leer tan solo un cuento de un libro que trae otro contenido que no me interesa grabar, tan solo la traducción de este cuento que no encuentro de otra fuente en Dominio Público. Es el Principe Feliz de Oscar Wilde que es uno de mis cuentos preferidos. Figura traducido en un libro para maestros que se repartía en las escuelas argentinas en 1909 http://www.bnm.me.gov.ar/ebooks/reader/reader.php?dir=00150826&num_img=00150826_0123-00&mon=1&vn=s&vi=s&vt=n&vp=s&vv=s&vh=s&c=&zoom=100&modo=
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

do you just want to read one short story from the translation, and not the others in that book, did I understand that correctly ?

I think for just a short story, you can post it in the Multilingual thread: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=65168
it would fit in well there :)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

hey Sorry Sonia, i confused the forum where i posted that :shock: but thanks for your answer :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:hey Sorry Sonia, i confused the forum where i posted that :shock: but thanks for your answer :D
:lol: no problem, I understood the important part ;)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, i fixed 16 and 17, you are so fast Sonia!! that you incentivate me to rush. I really hope that you get better of your flu. I had been with fever ans cold last week and I know how bad can you feel
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Ok, i fixed 16 and 17,
thank you, they are both PL ok now :thumbs: The first book is finished :9:
you are so fast Sonia!! that you incentivate me to rush
oh please don't feel the need to rush. I have still enough to PL every day.

But if I could ask you something: could you maybe only upload 1 chapter, as soon as it's done, and not wait a few weeks and then upload 3-5 chapters in one post ? I know I have time to PL, but I feel more stressed when I see a big backlog pile and I prefer to do one chapter at a time, especially when it's a long chapter and in a language I don't know very well.
I really hope that you get better of your flu. I had been with fever ans cold last week and I know how bad can you feel
yes I am on the mend now. Still a bit of a raspy voice and some nose running, but the headache and fever is gone, so I feel good again. Glad to hear you are better as well. It's the proof you were not a Martian ;)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

ok lets go step by step . Here it is chapter 1 of part II