Post by craigdav1 »

Will wait for updated file.
grego

Post by grego »

Thank you both.

Grego
Geraldhoskins

Post by Geraldhoskins »

I will claim Section 22: Chapter 5, Part 1.
"English is a constantly changing language, and, with your help, we can eliminate it in our lifetime." - Hande
soupy

Post by soupy »

Welcome to Librivox Geraldhoskins. I will put you down for section 22 after you let me know what display name you would like and introduce yourself to other Librivoxers at the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1491

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
Geraldhoskins

Post by Geraldhoskins »

Craig, thank you for welcoming me. I have posted an introduction (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66513), and would like my display name to be Gerald. Thank you very much!

*Edit: I have uploaded a poem for acceptance in another thread, which I hope you'll consider my 1-minute submission (https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/blanksheet_holmes_gh_128kb.mp3). I have since downloaded a plug-in to remove harsh s-sounds, as I feel there were many.
"English is a constantly changing language, and, with your help, we can eliminate it in our lifetime." - Hande
soupy

Post by soupy »

Craig, thank you for welcoming me. I have posted an introduction and would like my display name to be Gerald. Thank you very much!
Your recording sounds great Gerald. Section 22 is yours :D

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Geraldhoskins

Post by Geraldhoskins »

Thank you, Craig, I'll get on it. I received some other feedback for my 1-minute submission, and have since also downloaded Checker to verify I'm within other audio tolerances (I was 10db too loud on the poetry reading).
soupy

Post by soupy »

Yes, Checker is a good program to use to check your video. You got good advice.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
grego

Post by grego »

Section 5 for PL please, Dave.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/generalviewofpositivism_05_comte_128kb.mp3

File length 31m : 53 sec

Soupy, can I take section 15, please?

Grego
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for section 5 :D

Code: Select all

Section 15 is yours grego :clap:

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
grego

Post by grego »

Hi Craig
On second thoughts, please return section 15 status back to Open. I listened to Gerald's test file and it is very good. I realise that I need to do a lot more work before resuming my recording. I've submitted quite a few sections for the Comte work, as you know, but have received no feedback at all about them.

Having seen the feedback for Gerald, I realise that the lack of encouragement for my own offerings is a clear message that they aren't very good. I'm a complete newbie at all this, so that's not surprising. A little encouragement would have gone a long way, but of course, if they're not good, they're not good.

Thanks for allowing me to contribute. Good luck with the rest of the book.

Thanks also to Dave and Amy for your swift and efficient processing of my submissions. It's always impressed me.

Grego
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

grego wrote:Section 5 for PL please, Dave.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/generalviewofpositivism_05_comte_128kb.mp3
File length 31m : 53 sec
Grego
5 PL OK.
Geraldhoskins

Post by Geraldhoskins »

Section 22 loaded for your review: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/generalviewofpositivism_22_comte_128kb.mp3 (22:08)

Ready, willing, and able for Sections 23, 24, and 25 if the above recording is sufficient.
grego wrote:Having seen the feedback for Gerald, I realise that the lack of encouragement for my own offerings is a clear message that they aren't very good. I'm a complete newbie at all this, so that's not surprising. A little encouragement would have gone a long way, but of course, if they're not good, they're not good.
Grego, I listened to segments of each of your recordings, and you have an incredible reading voice - one to aspire to, as proven by my own submission. I believe I received any of the feedback that I did because I tried to make it abundantly clear that I was both new and also trying to figure out the tricks of the trade and communicate those efforts to our coordinator, to hopefully alleviate some of the anxiety associated with accepting a completely new reader. I think the lack of feedback you feel you've been getting, while perhaps discouraging, is only a testament that what you're doing is already done well and can't be significantly improved by constructive criticisms. I would encourage you to resume your work on this work, as there is a need and you have a clear interest and talent.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Hi Craig
On second thoughts, please return section 15 status back to Open. I listened to Gerald's test file and it is very good. I realise that I need to do a lot more work before resuming my recording. I've submitted quite a few sections for the Comte work, as you know, but have received no feedback at all about them.

Having seen the feedback for Gerald, I realise that the lack of encouragement for my own offerings is a clear message that they aren't very good. I'm a complete newbie at all this, so that's not surprising. A little encouragement would have gone a long way, but of course, if they're not good, they're not good.

Thanks for allowing me to contribute. Good luck with the rest of the book.

Thanks also to Dave and Amy for your swift and efficient processing of my submissions. It's always impressed me.

Grego

Hi Greg,

You have read many sections for this project and have done so very well. I do appreciate your work and did comment on it one time.
I've listened to some of your readings and think other listeners will enjoy the experience :clap:

Craig
You live in a noisy place and have had to work around that and have been a steady contributor to this project. I would love to have to continue on. But have removed you from section 15 as per your request.

Gerald was right when he said:
I think the lack of feedback you feel you've been getting, while perhaps discouraging, is only a testament that what you're doing is already done well and can't be significantly improved by constructive criticisms.
I encourage you to continue on with Librivox as you do have a good reading voice which people will enjoy hearing. You can sign up for any section of this project if still interested.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

22 PL OK.