Greetings and Salutations!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
philkasper

Post by philkasper »

Hello everyone! I wanted to finally make an introduction post and get my feet wet again in the world of audio recording. I'm new to Librivox and heard about it quite some time ago on a podcast. After poking around at various areas of the site, I'm excited to lend help where I can with proof listening and recording.

I have a small background in audio recording as I previously recorded and produced a podcast a couple of years back, and I want to get back into the spoken-word production scene. I've been enjoying audiobooks for years and I'm excited at the opportunity to help process and put them together for others to enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to read into my post this far, and I look forward to working with you all across the site!

~Phil Kasper
Audio setup:
Mic: Sennheiser e835 dynamic microphone
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Operating System: Windows 10
Software: Reaper v5.4 (Recording), Audacity 2.1.2 (Exporting)
You can find my reader page by going here.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi and welcome.
The best starting point is submitting a one minute test and the team there will guide you on getting your setup right. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test It sounds like it will be no problem for you 8-)
When you start, it is best to read a chapter or two of established projects, but once you are familiar with the site and the process, you can branch out to any Public Domain text that interests you.

We have a shortage of proof listeners, so that would be very welcome.
Here is a guide for proof listeners. The quiz at the end is invaluable. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz
When you are ready to jump in, if you look in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum (see the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page), you will see some projects that are looking for proof listeners -- you can start with a section or two, rather than claim a whole book. Just post in the thread something like "I would like to proof listen section 8". Some of those projects never had a proof listener, some had one who had to pull out for some reason.

Lynne