[COMPLETE]Popular History of Astronomy, Clerke-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_12_clerke_128kb.mp3 27.66 KB

29:30

Jim

Gotta love the Pluto thing!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

neecheelok70 wrote:Here is 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_12_clerke_128kb.mp3 27.66 KB

29:30

Jim

Gotta love the Pluto thing!

And, I don't care what people say now, Pluto IS a planet! Not that Pluto makes an appearance in this book, but just saying! Thanks Jim!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am with you, totally!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Once a planet, always a planet.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Exactly! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 12 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Ann
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Section 23. The problem these boys are facing is going to take "an Einstein" to figure out.

[24:11]

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_23_clerke_128kb.mp3

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

realisticspeakers wrote:Section 23. The problem these boys are facing is going to take "an Einstein" to figure out.

[24:11]

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_23_clerke_128kb.mp3

No doubt! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Wathgwen

Post by Wathgwen »

Hi! First-timer here. Will get my one-minute test up this week, most likely. Interested in parts 17 and 18, at least, and perhaps some of P2 Ch. 12- but I'm hesitant to claim the latter chapter officially until I get some feedback.
acarlow

Post by acarlow »

I'll give section 17, "Part 2 Chapter 3: Recent Solar Eclipses, part 2" a go if I may.

Aaron
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Wathgwen wrote:Hi! First-timer here. Will get my one-minute test up this week, most likely. Interested in parts 17 and 18, at least, and perhaps some of P2 Ch. 12- but I'm hesitant to claim the latter chapter officially until I get some feedback.
Welcome to LibriVox!

OK, I will put you down for sections 17 and 18, thank you! But, wait to record your sections until after you get the OK on your one minute test, that way we can make sure your settings are where we need them to be before you get too far into recording for LibriVox. It is much easier to correct something to begin with, verses trying to fix it after you record a long section. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

acarlow wrote:I'll give section 17, "Part 2 Chapter 3: Recent Solar Eclipses, part 2" a go if I may.

Aaron

Welcome to LibriVox, Aaron!

I'm sorry, but the poster above you claimed section 17! Is there another section that you would like to try? Just make sure you do your one minute test before you record. As I said above, it will make your life easier if we can correct things to begin with instead of after you have recorded a log section or two. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 23 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Wathgwen

Post by Wathgwen »

icequeen wrote:
Wathgwen wrote:Hi! First-timer here. Will get my one-minute test up this week, most likely. Interested in parts 17 and 18, at least, and perhaps some of P2 Ch. 12- but I'm hesitant to claim the latter chapter officially until I get some feedback.
Welcome to LibriVox!

OK, I will put you down for sections 17 and 18, thank you! But, wait to record your sections until after you get the OK on your one minute test, that way we can make sure your settings are where we need them to be before you get too far into recording for LibriVox. It is much easier to correct something to begin with, verses trying to fix it after you record a long section. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Wathgwen is fine.

Trying to figure out my mic situation before testing- I've got a headset, but the mic has disappeared!