Where do I put in suggestions for books to be read?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
awaugh

Post by awaugh »

I am dying (not actually) to hear someone read Sigrid Undset's works. I see there is only one (Jenny) here on Librivox. I especially would like to hear Unset's 3 part Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy. I would record these myself but I am not a very good reader and I'm sure I would just frustrate my listeners. It would be fabulous to be able to hear Master of Hestviken as well.
I depend on Librivox for my sanity. :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome to LibriVox
In the Book Suggestions forum viewforum.php?f=1.
It can help get people interested if you find an online text for them to click on and see.
However it is possible that most if not all the English translations except the one we have are not PD in the USA and many of her Norwegian works were written after 1922 and they are not either.

Anne
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Have you tried Legamus? That's the European version of Librivox, and has some EU authors which are not available in the USA (where the LV servers are located).
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

She died in 1949, so I don't think even in Norwegian anything is PD till 2020 in the EU and thus not for Legamus, not even the one we have in English :(

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I knew there was a discussion about Undset's trilogy Kristin Lavransdatter somewhere on here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34255&p=621439

Conclusion: Even though it was written 1920 - 1922 in Norwegian, it is not PD in any English translation. As mentioned by Anne, none of her books will be public domain in Europe before 2020 (which is not that far away, actually ;-) )
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com