Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught..... and linked
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Carolin, for the beautiful cover you made for my long project, "England Since Waterloo"!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=62859

I am delighted!!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur »

Hi!

I have made this cover: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/fuerzas_extranas_lugones_1707._.zip

for Las Fuerzas Extrañas by Leopoldo Lugones, read by Phileas Fogg, this project: https://librivox.org/las-fuerzas-extranas-by-leopoldo-lugones/

I hope this audiobook atracts many listeners, and also that Victor likes the cover

Cheers!

Basquetteur
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught .... and linked. Thank you :D . I think LV's Spanish offerings are getting more well known, I have been getting more requests for information about reading in Spanish :thumbs:

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught ..and linked. Thank you :D

Anne
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

The cover for "Warwick the Kingmaker" by Charles Oman can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/Salvationist.zip
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught ... and linked. Thank you :D

Anne
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Many thanks to David Purdy for his beautiful cover for "Warwick the Kingmaker"!

https://librivox.org/warwick-the-kingmaker-by-charles-william-chadwick-oman/

My best,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

many thanks to whoever did the cover for the Impromptu of Versailles :9: The effect with the curtains around the old picture of the players is extremely well done.

https://librivox.org/the-impromptu-of-versailles-by-moliere/

There is only one small error: Molière is written with an È, and not an É (the accent should point the other way). Alternatively, in capital letters the accent can be left out altogether in French. It's just a minor detail, I only mention it, in case the art-creator wants to stay "error free" :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:oops: Thanks for the info about capitals not needing accents - we didn't learn that at school ! . My paint program doesn't have them so I need to draw them by hand and it's hard to match the font :D

Anne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Im so spoiled with how quickly you usually respond that i think you might have missed my message above :lol: thank you!
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes I did , I've got very disjointed days at present , I'm spending lunch times in a nursing home to help someone eat and I have the same amount of time but it's broken up and I sometimes forget where I finished

Caught .... and linked. Thank you :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

annise wrote: :oops: Thanks for the info about capitals not needing accents - we didn't learn that at school ! . My paint program doesn't have them so I need to draw them by hand and it's hard to match the font :D
Anne
yes, well, I know that many texts don't accentuate capital letters, although to take away some ambiguity, it is recommended to use them. I'm not sure, maybe nowadays it's even compulsory (my school days may be a bit more dated than yours already :oops: )

Anyway, here with Molière, I don't think it is necessary, people will know who is meant with or without the accent :mrgreen:

Looks good now :thumbs:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.