not receiving notifications

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but hoping someone can help me. I subscribed to a topic (in which I am DPL) and I bookmarked it as well. I used to get email notifications when anyone posted but suddenly that all stopped and I cannot figure out why or how to get it working again.

I count on those emails to let me know when someone has posted something new and I feel terrible right now because someone posted a chapter and it's been sitting since May 6th. I just happened to check the board because I thought it was odd I hadn't heard anything in so long.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Molly
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Well, I don't get notifications, but I think someone said once that if you get an email but don't click on the link/say you've read the post, it won't send you any more until you've read from that notification. Someone else might know better of course! :D
Adele

Post by mzmolly65 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Well, I don't get notifications, but I think someone said once that if you get an email but don't click on the link/say you've read the post, it won't send you any more until you've read from that notification. Someone else might know better of course! :D

That's interesting. I never knew that and don't know if that may be the problem but will certainly keep an eye on that. Thank you.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes - you must visit the thread when you're logged in. If you check the new posts without being logged in, the system doesn't know you've seen it and thinks the last notification it sent is still valid, and thus won't send you more.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Have been logging in and visiting threads on a regular basis but still not getting any emails to tell me when the threads have been updated. I am subscribed to the topic.

It's very frustrating because I am DPL and missing out on posts to tell me there are recordings to PL.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:hmm: No idea what's wrong. Unsubscribe - subscribe again, maybe?

An alternative to seeing a list of your projects is your reader's page:
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11044

go to "PL view" for a list of all the projects you are DPLing - and their status.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Availle wrote::hmm: No idea what's wrong. Unsubscribe - subscribe again, maybe?

An alternative to seeing a list of your projects is your reader's page:
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11044

go to "PL view" for a list of all the projects you are DPLing - and their status.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that's something I didn't know.