A quick 4th of July project?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Last year at this time some of us chatted here about recordings with fireworks exploding in the background and wondered about how to go about such a theme, incorporating the noise rather than fighting it. The selections could either be chosen for this theme, or simply whatever section, or portion thereof, we're working on with the fireworks exploding. (I live in a neighborhood where the firecrackers are bursting for a week before and a week after the 4th.)

(Other ideas were cats meowing and so forth.)

How would such a project be launched? Or is there already an ongoing project collecting background noises, inadvertent or otherwise? Most fun would be readings with "matching" sound effects.

Peace be with you,
Sister
bobdole

Post by bobdole »

I'll try to record some sections of the fireworks tonight, I have a good omni mic and a quiet room. Maybe someone else could use the sampling to read over.
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Reading the Declaration of Independence or the words of Francis Scott Key with deliberate firework accompaniment might be more appropriate on your own for Internet Archive or YouTube. We generally try to avoid background noise when we can. Birdsong and rumbling trucks passing by are another thing altogether.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times