COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

tbwatkins89 wrote:Hello,

I have a quick question. When reading a section of the dog and you come across a picture with a caption, do you just skip the picture and caption? :?

Thanks,
Tim Watkins
If the caption flows like text and adds interest to the content, I sometimes add it. LV doesn't want you adding your own descriptive commentary like "here the author includes a pencil sketch of a pointer signifying he has treed a coon" if the caption doesn't say that. Or, if there descriptive text in the article that says what is pictured farther down the article, you might say (pencil sketch included) where the text appears. Please use your own judgment. Experiment. It can always be deleted in the editing process.
tbwatkins89

Post by tbwatkins89 »

Thank you.

Have a great weekend!

Tim
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Do you have any instructions on how the pedigree charts should be read? I have thought about doing some additional sections but got intimidated by those charts.

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:Do you have any instructions on how the pedigree charts should be read? I have thought about doing some additional sections but got intimidated by those charts.

Jill
Sure. I read mine as follows:
"Scale of points. Symmetry, condition and size, Value 20, Head 15, Stop 5, Muzzle 10, and so forth down the line to TOTAL: 100
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

No, not those charts, the ones like on these pages: https://archive.org/stream/americanbookofdo00shierich#page/82/mode/2up.
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:No, not those charts, the ones like on these pages: https://archive.org/stream/americanbookofdo00shierich#page/82/mode/2up.
Oh, I think I would skip that chart! :D
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

msfry wrote:
jillebean wrote:No, not those charts, the ones like on these pages: https://archive.org/stream/americanbookofdo00shierich#page/82/mode/2up.
Oh, I think I would skip that chart! :D
Sounds good to me! :) In that case can I also claim sections 3 and 4? Thank you!

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Jill. I've put you in for 3 and 4.
SpiderScientist

Post by SpiderScientist »

Hello,
I hope you are having a good day. May I read the section on the Bulldog (sect. 39)?
Thank you!
Have a great day
Don't let anything stop you from reaching your goals. Try and try again!
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Section 01 is PL OK! :)

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Section 43 has been uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_43_various_128kb.mp3 (15:59). This is my first time editing with a different software than Audacity (I used Adobe Audition) so I hope it sounds and plays okay. Let me know if there are any issues. Thanks!

Jill :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:Section 43 has been uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_43_various_128kb.mp3 (15:59). This is my first time editing with a different software than Audacity (I used Adobe Audition) so I hope it sounds and plays okay. Let me know if there are any issues. Thanks!

Okay, thanks. I will listen soon and let you know. Thanks for the PL on 01. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

43 is PL OK. Thanks, Jill. Sounds and plays fine. Very clear. Lots of pug breeders in the old days, eh!
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

msfry wrote:43 is PL OK. Thanks, Jill. Sounds and plays fine. Very clear. Lots of pug breeders in the old days, eh!
I'm glad to hear that! I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing, then. Audition makes it much easier to remove all the clicks from my very noisy mouth. On to editing Irish Setters and recording Gordon Setters. Thanks!

msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote:
msfry wrote:43 is PL OK. Thanks, Jill. Sounds and plays fine. Very clear. Lots of pug breeders in the old days, eh!
I'm glad to hear that! I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing, then. Audition makes it much easier to remove all the clicks from my very noisy mouth. On to editing Irish Setters and recording Gordon Setters. Thanks!

Please tell me how do you remove the clicks?