[COMPLETE]Popular History of Astronomy, Clerke-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

bbovard wrote:Hi Ann,

I'm not sure if you saw my previous message. Do you have need of more readers for this book? If so, I'd like to claim sections 36-40.

Thanks,
Bethany

PS: I apologize if commenting on the Clerke pronunciation thing was inappropriate. I'm new and I'm still trying to figure out the culture/ communication expectations of this community. :) Thanks again.

Well, since you are claiming some sections, I can live with your excellent input in this awesome book! Normally communication in the project threads are reserved just for posts that pertain to the project. Your post above does pertain to the project, and it was very helpful, so thank you for your input. Sections 36-40 are yours, thank you!

ETA: What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

PeachesnDreams wrote:Hi,
I'm new and a wild Australian accent appearing might throw off the listeners, but I can do 2-8 if you need me! (is there a deadline once claimed? this is my first time, be gentle :P )

For group projects, I love it when we have different accents, even wild Australian accents! We don't worry so much about the listener, it's more about the readers here. What you want to read is what you should read! The deadline for sections to be in is 2 months from your claim date, which I always put into the Magic Window (MW) for readers new to me. The only thing that I ask from you is that you do your one minute test, and get the OK, before you record your sections. We just want to make sure your settings are where we need them to be before you go and spend a whole weekend recording 10 sections. It will make your life much easier if we can just do that small thing. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?

Thank you for claiming! Sections 2-8 are yours!

ETA: Wait! Section 2 has already been claimed! Would sections 3-8 be OK?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I re-listened to Chapter 1 and found a repeat, which I have since fixed. Here is the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_01_clerke_128kb.mp3 30.55 KB

Same length of 32:35.

Jim
PeachesnDreams

Post by PeachesnDreams »

icequeen wrote:
PeachesnDreams wrote:Hi,
I'm new and a wild Australian accent appearing might throw off the listeners, but I can do 2-8 if you need me! (is there a deadline once claimed? this is my first time, be gentle :P )
The only thing that I ask from you is that you do your one minute test, and get the OK, before you record your sections. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?

ETA: Wait! Section 2 has already been claimed! Would sections 3-8 be OK?
Ah, my apologies, I was typing very late at night and mistyped. Yes, I meant 3-8. ^.^
I'm happy to be credited as Peach, or PeachBee, whatever you guys want, really.
Also good to do the 1 minute test, I just hadn't gotten around to it last night and wanted to greedily lap up some interesting reading instead. ;)
I'll head over to do the 1 minute bit today, but until then, yes! Peach is go for 3-8~
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, Peach, you have sections 3-8! And, I have you done as Peach, but if you want PeachBee instead, just let me know and I will change it.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

neecheelok70 wrote:I re-listened to Chapter 1 and found a repeat, which I have since fixed. Here is the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_01_clerke_128kb.mp3 30.55 KB

Same length of 32:35.

Jim
Awesome! Thanks Jim!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
PeachesnDreams

Post by PeachesnDreams »

Sorry! I realised I'm supposed to put the link to the one minute test here! Is that right?
I recorded this with my older version of Audacity, but right after uploading, I downloaded the newer suggested version, and you're right - the noise removal is top notch on the new one! So future recordings will be better for sure, but at least I think I have the basic setup right(ish) - please advise~
Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66031
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

PeachesnDreams wrote:Sorry! I realised I'm supposed to put the link to the one minute test here! Is that right?
I recorded this with my older version of Audacity, but right after uploading, I downloaded the newer suggested version, and you're right - the noise removal is top notch on the new one! So future recordings will be better for sure, but at least I think I have the basic setup right(ish) - please advise~
Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66031

No, you don't have to post it here. I can easily check to see how things are going with your test by checking your profile. You're doing great so far! I have a feeling you will be getting your OK soon.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bbovard

Post by bbovard »

icequeen wrote:
bbovard wrote:Hi Ann,

I'm not sure if you saw my previous message. Do you have need of more readers for this book? If so, I'd like to claim sections 36-40.
Thanks,
Bethany

PS: I apologize if commenting on the Clerke pronunciation thing was inappropriate. I'm new and I'm still trying to figure out the culture/ communication expectations of this community. :) Thanks again.
Well, since you are claiming some sections, I can live with your excellent input in this awesome book! Normally communication in the project threads are reserved just for posts that pertain to the project. Your post above does pertain to the project, and it was very helpful, so thank you for your input. Sections 36-40 are yours, thank you!

ETA: What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Thanks, Ann.
You can use bbovard for the catalog page.
I'll get started on those sections.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Perfect! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 1 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Ann.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 2, but I had background noise issues that took some work to fix so I hope it hasn't affected the sound too much:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_02_clerke_128kb.mp3 23.02 KB

24:33

Jim
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

neecheelok70 wrote:Here is 2, but I had background noise issues that took some work to fix so I hope it hasn't affected the sound too much:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/popularhistoryofastronomy_02_clerke_128kb.mp3 23.02 KB

24:33

Jim

Thanks Jim!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Per PM, sections 36-40 are now open.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!