COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] The Betrothed by Manzoni - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_08_141.flac 0m22s
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_33_131.flac 0m38s

I'm concerned that I have pronounced 'monatto' wrong. I couldn't find it on howjsay, but after recording google translate suggests a different pronunciation. I presume that this will be identified during PL if my very English pronunciation is a problem.
linny

Post by linny »

I'll put you in for PL. I didn't check your pronunciation. For translation I often use translate.google. https://translate.google.com/#en/it/monatto

It suggests something along the lines of moon aht too

EDIT: I checked the pronunciation used for monatto 1 and 2 and they both pronounced it...Mah nah toe
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

linny wrote:Barry,
I'm drafting the code for the cast list. Do I list the PLers for the duration of the project or just Kristin since she will be listening to all of the final chapters? If I list for the duration is there an easy way to find out who the others were or do I just scroll through the thread?
I always list everyone who helped PL and the only way I know to do it is to scroll through the posts. :|
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

linny wrote:I'll put you in for PL. I didn't check your pronunciation. For translation I often use translate.google. https://translate.google.com/#en/it/monatto

It suggests something along the lines of moon aht too

EDIT: I checked the pronunciation used for monatto 1 and 2 and they both pronounced it...Mah nah toe
The link you give has two pronunciations for monatto. If you click the speaker, the pronunciation switches between two different ones. One sounds 'English', similar to how I said the word in my recording. I'll leave my recording and see what the PL thinks.
linny

Post by linny »

KiltedDragon wrote:
linny wrote:Barry,
I'm drafting the code for the cast list. Do I list the PLers for the duration of the project or just Kristin since she will be listening to all of the final chapters? If I list for the duration is there an easy way to find out who the others were or do I just scroll through the thread?
I always list everyone who helped PL and the only way I know to do it is to scroll through the posts. :|
Talk about taking a village! Here are all the PLers I found. If anyone knows of someone I missed please let me know.

HoosierMary p4, p14, p25, p28, p29-31, p33-39
jeanie1914 p5, p8-10, p20
nancymcdaniel87 p8, p13
ekortright p15, p21
WoollyBee p18, p20, p23
silverquill p22-24
wib66 p29-31
linny p41-45
carteki p45
MrsHand took over as DPL p47
linny

Post by linny »

jasonb wrote:Here are a few of mine to start. The checker program wouldn't check the flac files, so I don't know about sound levels and such.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/thebetrothed_04_gentlemansbrother021_128kb.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/thebetrothed_10_vicar051_128kb.flac

I will continue later today with some more. If you have any comments please elt me know, this is the first time I am saving files in the flac format.
Hello Jason,
In gentleman’s brother you missed the final line:
Gentleman’s brother: “Father, afford me a proof of your friendship by accepting some of these trifles.”

The Vicar is PL OK. You might want to evaluate your mic placement. You started to clip at the end of this file.

As for the Checker program, it will only evaluate MP3 files so to check it you would need to export the file first, check it, then go back to the flac version if you wanted to make any changes. Based on your wave pattern I’ll likely use the leveler a bit on your files before editing.

Have a safe trip!
linny

Post by linny »

PL ok.

You are correct, the volume is too loud and I will adjust prior to editing. You might consider checking your mic placement. Take a look at your waves, especially in chapter 12. Do you see how some of them are flat at the top? This is when you are too loud for your recording and your range is "clipped". This causes these words to be a bit distorted. Try moving your microphone a little further away from you. It would be better to have to amplify your file some than to have sections distorted.
linny

Post by linny »

RecordingPerson wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_08_141.flac 0m22s
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_33_131.flac 0m38s

I'm concerned that I have pronounced 'monatto' wrong. I couldn't find it on howjsay, but after recording google translate suggests a different pronunciation. I presume that this will be identified during PL if my very English pronunciation is a problem.
Great job. PL OK!
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 12 is ready for PL. I don't feel it's my best work so please let me know if anything should be changed. Here is a PL note for it already. Let me know if you think we need to reach our for a pickup or if it sounds ok.

Chapter 12
5:32 missing text from narrator - “Here is bread!” cried a hundred voices at once.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 33 is ready for PL
More PL notes :(

15:43 narrator missing text - and enquired of him the street and the house of Don Ferrante. He replied,
Commissary: The first street to the right, the last hotel to the left.

19:59 – Woman 3 missing - Woman 3, Woman 4: Seize him! seize him! he is a poisoner!
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

linny wrote:Hello Jason,
In gentleman’s brother you missed the final line:
Gentleman’s brother: “Father, afford me a proof of your friendship by accepting some of these trifles.”
All fixed. I reuploaded, the added line is at the end.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I can do the remainder of the unclaimed characters, to help get this finished. :) I think they're all in separate chapters, so there won't be any overlap.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong: Father of Gertrude and Prince are both in Chapter 10. But if I do two totally different voices, maybe that will be OK?
Tomas Peter
linny

Post by linny »

Tomas,
That would be wonderful! :9:

Thank you! :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

Barry,
Please mark our topic line as full! :D
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

linny wrote:Chapter 12 is ready for PL. I don't feel it's my best work so please let me know if anything should be changed. Here is a PL note for it already. Let me know if you think we need to reach our for a pickup or if it sounds ok.

Chapter 12
5:32 missing text from narrator - “Here is bread!” cried a hundred voices at once.
Lots of crowds talking in this chapter. It all sounded well; however, I think we need the narrator line. Perhaps if there wasn't more talking immediately after it would be ok, but it seems confusing to me without it.