[COMPLETE] 'Tilda Jane's Orphans by Marshall Saunders-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dini

Post by Dini »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, I found Chapter 10 in Katherinee's folder. It can get confusing when reading on different projects with different MCs, so just try to double check that you are loading files to the right MC folder.

I've also changed the file name. Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tildajanesorphans_10_saunders_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn
annkharrill

Post by annkharrill »

I uploaded chapter 11 this morning. I could not find twinkle88, or twinkle anything. So I uploaded to MaryAnn's folder. Here is the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tilda_janes_orphans_chapter_11.mp3
annkharrill

Post by annkharrill »

Thanks so much for finding Chapter 10. I was afraid that we would have to re-record it. Yea team!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you, Dini! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:OK, I found Chapter 10 in Katherinee's folder. It can get confusing when reading on different projects with different MCs, so just try to double check that you are loading files to the right MC folder.

I've also changed the file name. Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tildajanesorphans_10_saunders_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn
Thank you, MaryAnn! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

annkharrill wrote:I uploaded chapter 11 this morning. I could not find twinkle88, or twinkle anything. So I uploaded to MaryAnn's folder. Here is the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tilda_janes_orphans_chapter_11.mp3
Thank you, Ann! :)

Right. I am the "Book Coordinator." I'll sign volunteers up to read for sections, answer questions, and collect the recordings, making sure that the files adhere to the standards required for cataloging. I will also be proof-listening everything.
MaryAnn is the "Meta Coordinator." She will put this project in the catalog once it is completed, making the recordings available for download so listeners can enjoy them.

So, in conclusion, you'll always upload your files to the Meta Coordinator's folder, but then provide the Book Coordinator with the link.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

. . . but don't worry if you get us confused. I had a hard time keeping everyone straight at the beginning (and some folks may tell you that this problem persists, even after 8 years at LV :wink: ). If you don't see me responding to a post you've addressed to me, it's because it's something within the purview of the BC or DPL and I know she'll be by to respond soon . . .

One way to keep the various folks on a project straight is to look at the first post. My initials are after the subject line - meaning uploads go to my folder, but you won't see much of me otherwise until the project is finished. The author of the first post is Twinkle - that means she set up the project and is managing it on a day to day basis. And to add a third name to the mix, if you look at the Magic Window in the first post, the DPL's name is listed there. In this case, Twinkle is filling two roles, as BC and DPL, but on some projects, that will be a third person who is posting regularly in the thread and helping to move the project forward.

Hope that helps!

MaryAnn
annkharrill

Post by annkharrill »

Thanks, Mary Ann, for explaining it to me. Ann K Harrill
annkharrill

Post by annkharrill »

I would like to claim chapter 13, please. Ann K Harrill
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you, Ann! I'll sign you up. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Chapter 7 is PL OK! :thumbs: Great job, as always! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

annkharrill wrote:Hi Mary Ann,

I just uploaded Chapter 10. I hope you like it. :clap:

Ann K Harrill
Chapter 10 is great -- except that you need to add five seconds of silence to the end your recording. Could you do that, re-upload, and post the link here, please? :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

annkharrill wrote:I uploaded chapter 11 this morning. I could not find twinkle88, or twinkle anything. So I uploaded to MaryAnn's folder. Here is the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tilda_janes_orphans_chapter_11.mp3
Chapter 11 is great as well! :) The only PL note I have for you is the intro for your recording is incomplete. It should be:

"Chapter 11 of 'Tilda Jane's Orphans. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" (If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]") "'Tilda Jane's Orphans, by Marshall Saunders. Chapter 11: More About the Pup."

Also, before you upload your file, you need to name it: tildajanesorphans_11_saunders_128kb.mp3

When you've added a new intro to your recording, please re-upload and post a link to it in this thread. Thank you, Ann! :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on June 30th, 2017, 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you for the updated Chapter 10 file! :)

Sorry to be nitpicky, but the silence is a little too long now. Could you shave off about two seconds to get it closer to five? Also, this file needs to be named: tildajanesorphans_10_saunders_128kb.mp3

And now your file is a WAV file, but it needs to be an MP3 file. So open your recording in Audacity, then click File and then Export Audio... Right underneath the long white box where you type in your file name, there's the Save as type box. Choose MP3 files.

Try again -- you can do it! :wink: